PDA

View Full Version : Installing lw 9.6

Mha8649
05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Alright I have been away from lightwave for a while and I know I'm not crazy?... but I do remember installing lightwave. Now after downloading the latest 9.6 all i have is a zip file and after extracting it there is three folders plugin sdk and program. I can run L.W from within the program file but it does not create the folders within my c:/ drive or have any short cuts in my start menu. Is this supposed to be the new way to run lw unzip a folder and run it from with in? I don't like that if that is the new way of doing it now or am I just missing something?

philipsavage
05-04-2010, 01:20 PM
It sounds like you have the beta version that does not install but runs directly from the executable.
You should download the full version of 9.6 from your account at NewTek

jasonwestmas
05-04-2010, 04:56 PM
If you have LW 9.6 it should have an installer image not a zip extension. The 9.6.1 beta on the other hand does not have an installer.

Mha8649
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Ok another question, I finally got the full version not beta and now my serial number doesn't work. I have installed the latest senitinal drivers 7.6.1 and it says ok number recorded then layout runs in discovery mode. Any help? I have lw 9.6 64bit.

jasonwestmas
05-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Make sure you have any User Account Control security features turned off. Then run the Registration utility you have in your programs folder again.

Mha8649
05-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't have any 3rd party security apps installed on that computer and all of windows is turned off. I checked the user folder and the key file was in it. It was written succefully. I am wondering if it is because i went from 32 to 64. I had it working before.

jasonwestmas
05-06-2010, 08:19 AM
I don't have any 3rd party security apps installed on that computer and all of windows is turned off. I checked the user folder and the key file was in it. It was written succefully. I am wondering if it is because i went from 32 to 64. I had it working before.

Could be. . . the 32 bit registration code is different than the 64 bit one. Make sure you are using the 64 bit code that is in your online registration programs page. If you haven't registered for your 64 bit code you will need to do that I think.

BeeVee
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
LightWiki (http://www.lightwiki.com/Registering_another_platform_on_the_same_LightWave _v9_licence) will show you how...

B

Mha8649
05-12-2010, 05:22 PM
ok I figured it out after calling tech support. I had the full version and after installing and registering the 64x version and getting the new number. I had to turn off the user control settings in windows. Oh and to the guy at tech support sorry I didn't hang up phone goes through internet and when the computer restarted it disconnected, just in case tech reads this. Thanks for all your help. Mike