PDA

View Full Version : VT-Edit Project as *.avi, No Audio?

CROUTON213
09-11-2003, 06:00 PM
The ability to save VT-Edit projects as *.avi is very cool. However, I am not getting the audio as part of the *.avi when I load it into other programs. The video comes in perfectly, but no audio. Is there something I can change in order to get audio to load with the video as part of the VT-Edit_PROJECT.avi?

Paul Lara
09-11-2003, 07:28 PM
It's likely because the receiving app is expecting uncompressed audio. To work around this, simply load your project, and create an audo-only render (uncompressed WAV) and then load that file into the other app with your video.

tlively
09-17-2003, 02:02 PM
The only real use I would have for an AVI wrapper doesn't work. The default toaster out put is 720 x 486. The default input for DVD is 720 x 480. So if I save the project as an avi and load it into an MPEG encoder eg Mainactor 1.4 the resulting MPEG is non compliant and has to be rerendered. This works fine if I render toaster out to a 720 x 480 avi but then what's the point of the AVI wrapper?

Tom

PS I've also seen sound issues where the audio mixer will mute the output of VT edit under some circumstances. Well worthwhile to bring up switcher and audio mixer and check their settings before you render or save out the output of VTedit.