PDA

View Full Version : Clip of the day 5-3

TheDeacon
05-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm in video game mode this week... here's a blast from the past-

I first saw this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x76Z9HGvlLs) while managing a store in new york city- called ANIME CRASH. we got hold of this video early- and customers kept asking for movies that "looked just like THAT."

that was tough.. cuz we didn't. So we gave them Ninja Scroll, Riki Oh or Jet Li's Fist of Legend as kick-*** alternatives.

sure, today, there's an abundance of stuff that looks just as good or even better than this video, but hey, it was 1997... and we were lucky we had the shows that we did at that point. Really, the only cool CG we could get were in the video game intros like the one above and the soul edge games... sitting on my friend's couch watching the intros over and over again... ahh such simpler times. I mean.. we didn't even have DVD's yet... Final Fantasy VII had just come out .. oh boy.. I'd better stop... I can go on forever... and I have loads of work to do today.

BeeVee
05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Best of all, it was LightWave I believe, by Production IG themselves... (I may be wrong, it might have been Madhouse, but I'm pretty sure it was LightWave).

B

BigHache
05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah that was Production I.G. Never heard on the 3D package used though. Great piece of work. Always loved watching it, still do! :2guns: