PDA

View Full Version : VT3 Questions and Misc...

MichaelBeck
09-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Hello all.. some of you I know from the Trinity Central days.. but most of you I do not.

Anyway.. I have some questions!

First off, I am trying to get rid of my boat anchor of an editing system... the globecaster! Is there a discount for Globcaster customers?

I am building a new PC. I want to build onr that will support a VT3 should I choose to go that direction. What is the best motherboard to go with my Dual Xeons?

Now.. I see people talking about a plugin for premiere pro. If allready have premier pro, and an SDI input Card for my PC.. What will this add to premier? Also what are the benifets of the Toaster over just using Premier Pro and After Effects? Other than live switching and the DDR's.

And finally.. I am thinking about creating a site around the VT3 called.. can you guess? VideoToasterCentral.com! It would be more than just forums.. cause Newtek has done a very nice job at that.. it would be a place to have downloads, Tips, Tutorials, Video Training and more.. I would need some help of course.. would anyone be interested? Oh.. and I would really need to get a VT3 to do this also.. so we may have to wait for that to happen.. :)

I don't want to make this post so long that no one will read or reply to it.. so I will quit!

MichaelBeck
09-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Oh.. and one more thing.

Is there any way I could do a demo of the VT3 with some of my own footage and on a PC that has premiere pro on it as well? I have to convince the bigger beck around here that we need this thing ;)

Jim Capillo
09-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Hey Michael..... good to see you've come over from the dark side ! :D :p

You'll find many familiar names here - this is a great family, even better than the TC daze. :eek:

I have the dual 2.8 ghz Xeon Supermicro X5DA8, 2 gig RAM, 360 SCSI RAID, etc. This seems to be the latest hot setup, but don't blink - I'm sure it'll be obsolete any day now. ;)

Globecaster discount? Used to be - $500 off. You can contact my dealer Blaine to see if it's still in effect.

http://www.videohardware.com

Other than that, you might get some sympathy..... :p

If I may inject some advice - buy a turnkey system from a dealer.... you'll have FAR less problems in the long run. Sure, it might cost a few bucks more, but you'll be up and running right out of the box. Most of the dealers that participate here and on other boards are real sharp. They'll be able to set you up with a full demo - you're gonna crap your pants when you see what this thing can do ! :D

As far as Premiere goes, you'll probably want to talk to Bob Tasa.... he has written plugs for them, but I don't have it so I can't tell you any more.

He hangs out here: http://www.videotoasternt.com/forums/

Finally, about a new board...... there are a few that most everyone visits - but I guess a new one wouldn't hurt, especially if it generates stuff like the old TC did. I'll be glad to help any way I can. BTW, the "Toaster" is now officially known as VT[3], so you'll have to change the name a bit.

Good luck and welcome to the Newtek VT family !!! (If you do buy)

ScorpioProd
09-11-2003, 10:57 PM
There are no VT plug-ins for Premiere Pro.

Bob Tasa made plug-ins for Premiere, but there hasn't been enough market demand for him to make them for Premiere Pro, so as of now there are no plans to have VT working with Premiere Pro.

There would need to be either enough demand for Bob to justify making them or Newtek would need to include them.

MichaelBeck
09-12-2003, 12:38 AM
Tahnks for the replies!

:) I will look for that sympathy :)

Anyway.. I would LOVE to buy a turnkey system from BOXX Technologies... but I can but together a system that will be just as good for a couple of thousand less... and I am very constrained when it comes to cash :-)

Would a plugin for premier not work with pro?.. if not.. I doubt it would be a big deal to alter the code so that it would.. anway.. I will talk to bob about it.

I have called a couple of dealers.. and the only one that I even got a callback from was boxx.

Anyway... I am trying to join up wit ya fellas.. hope that I can!

Jim Capillo
09-12-2003, 05:36 AM
Michael, DEFINITELY call Blaine...... he's a great guy and he has a pretty slick system for sale for just over $6,000. He (and his sidekick Chris) know the VT inside out and are always just a phone call away. They have built many systems and shipped them all over the world. Don't buy a system without talking to him and checking out the website.

1-877-203-0871

http://www.videohardware.com

No, I'm not getting a commission :D :p
but I'm sure you'll get a response from him.

MichaelBeck
09-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Thanks.. I will check him out.. but I can build a system for $1500 and then buy one extra drive and SCSI controller plus the VT3.. so we are only talking like $4000 or $5000.. And I know that the extra money would be worth getting the turnkey system.. but we just can't spend it. Plus this way I can build the $1500 system and use premier, then sell the globecaster and still have an editing system.

Thanks for all the input fellas!