PDA

View Full Version : Synch problem between video/sound TCXD300

LenseOnLife
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi,

TCXD300, Virtual studio and happens any configuration of 1,2 or 3 cameras. Working in 1080i/50. Have done a couple of recordings (high Quality) none more than 4 minutes long. Imported to Premiere and found anything between 0 and 5 frame sync error between sync and sound (used a clapper board at start to check sync when I noticed lip sync a bit off).

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Regards,

Oliver

P.S. Despite the above problem, everyone who has seen the unit has been extremely well impressed.

Zane Condren
04-30-2010, 04:11 PM
If you play the clip in SpeedEDIT on TriCaster TCXD300 does it exhibit the same sync issue?

LenseOnLife
05-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Hi, had to learn speededit to get some more understanding of what is happening.

when I play the clips in Speededit, there is no LipSync problem (but is this because the problem is with Premiere or simply that Speedit and TriCaster both use he same basic software engines so are likely to be compatible with each other. Decided to try exporting a rendered video file and see how that would be handled by Windows and Premiere so the natural choice was AVI

Exported AVI in 3 flavours (Project, DV Pal 1 16:9 and DV PAL 2 16:9). All played OK in speededit although PAL-1 had had wrong aspect ratio and PAL-2 had inferior video quality.

At PC end, when using either Windows Media Player or Premiere

Project Version although 1.98GB only had sound, no video
PAL-1 and PAL2 played as per on TriCaster.

Going to download latest Premiere CD5 and try using that on the original 4:2:2 MPG file and see how it is handled.

SBowie
05-03-2010, 04:53 AM
Exported AVI in 3 flavours (Project, DV Pal 1 16:9 and DV PAL 2 16:9).I'd be more interested to know what AVI codec you selected for export than which format.

LenseOnLife
05-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi Steve,

I used the standard presets using the theory that NewTek had chosen the presets for optimum performance rather than messing around with my own brew.

Presets were DDR Project, DV PAL1 16:9, DV PAL2 16:9

Regards,

Oliver

LenseOnLife
05-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi,

Downloaded Premiere CS-5 and it will not read any of the TriCaster files. Only getting sound from each one :((

Zane Condren
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Do you mean you downloaded the CS5 trial edition? Unless you have a fully licensed and activated version of CS5 it won't read any MPEG video file. MPEG file format support is shut off in the trial versions due to licensing. Otherwise everytime someone downloaded a copy of the Trial Adobe would have to pay MPEG-LA.

SBowie
05-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Presets were DDR Project, DV PAL1 16:9, DV PAL2 16:9TriCaster DDR uses NewTek's own SpeedHQ (AVI) codec. To read/write these on another Windows system, you'd need to install NewTek's codec pack (a free download).

The Type 1 and Type 2 AVI's are pretty much bog standard, but you should be aware that support for Type 1 DV AVIs is not widespread among the various NLEs. MicroSoft's website states this: "Any DV stored as type-1 cannot be used with VfW-based editors."

It adds, "Because the type-1format stores data as a single AVI stream, type-1 DV AVI files are not compatible with VfW. DirectShow, however, easily handles type-1 data streams by routing the streams to a DV Splitter filter that produces a DV-encoded video stream and one or more PCM audio streams for playback or subsequent processing."

That could well be an issue with Premiere. However, it's hard to imagine why a standard type 2 DV AVI file would not work correctly for you. If you'd like, send me an email (sbowie - at -newtek - com) and I'd be happy to test a sample render.

LenseOnLife
05-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi Zane,

Thanks for that heads-up. Wont spend any more time researching why MPEG wont work :thumbsup:

Oliver

LenseOnLife
05-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information. Am getting a bit of an overload now so I think I should go back to basics and work out what works between the two platforms. Surprisingly even the rendered type-2 AVI didnt read on the premiere CS5 so need to talk with Adobe as well re limitations on the trial download as I want to be able to bring the NewTek MPEG 4:2:2 directly into Premiere for editing when necessary.

Am I right in saying that the NewTek High Quality record is MPEG 4:2:2 HD?

Oliver

SBowie
05-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Am I right in saying that the NewTek High Quality record is MPEG 4:2:2 HD?Yes. I'm told it meets the official specification for MPEG2 "High Level", and is an all I-frame file.