PDA

View Full Version : widescreen rendering

lreyes
04-30-2010, 01:19 AM
How does one render a scene or frame in widescreen and save it in widescreen, I went to render globals and changed the resolution to D1 NTSC widescreen, but when I render the frame, the preview is not widescreen.

prometheus
04-30-2010, 02:16 AM
check camera properties and make sure you check use globals..
yeah..I know its confusing.

Michael

BeeVee
04-30-2010, 02:33 PM
No, that's not how to do it. The problem is that you are displaying the frame on a computer monitor which has a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio. A TV doesn't. Try this: Create a circle in Modeler, save it and bring it into Layout. Now render it three times, once in VGA, once in D1 NTSC and one in D1 NTSC Widescreen. See the difference between the images? It's down to the pixel aspect ratio. If you are preparing stuff for video you kind of have to trust that the settings you choose are right, or hook a TV up to your computer to see the end result.

B

lreyes
04-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Will try both

LazyCoder
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
BAH! Stupid NTSC parameters made by lucifer himself! :devil: Why can't pixels just be square?????? Why can't everything be progressive scan????? Stupid stupid stupid... :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Sorry, just so much crap we wouldn't have to deal with if people had gotten it right in the first place... but how could they?

shrox
05-03-2010, 03:49 PM
You could always go and throw rocks at Philo Farnsworth's house.

BeeVee
05-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Heck even with HD there are still differences between standards, and you would have thought this was the opportunity to homogenise...

B

BigHache
05-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Heck even with HD there are still differences between standards, and you would have thought this was the opportunity to homogenise...

B

I know, right?!?!

lreyes
05-03-2010, 07:22 PM
This high technology is going to corner us into a corner...just like the computer chips in Toyota, There is more computer stuff in cars then in Jets.