PDA

View Full Version : Replaced my lost LW key, but now no way to get updated DYNAMITE license!

PeteS
04-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Replaced my lost LW key, but now no way to get updated DYNAMITE license!
Has anyone had this situation? I know Cartancan is out of business now...but I just need a new license number. Any ideas?

Any help would be a huge help!

p

RebelHill
04-29-2010, 01:46 PM
my guess would be that ur SOL, buddy.

Time to check out the turbulence thread here...

monovich
04-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I always wondered if a new dongle could be flashed with an old lock ID if need be...

OnlineRender
04-29-2010, 04:30 PM
I always wondered if a new dongle could be flashed with an old lock ID if need be...

yup , dont know how you go about doing it "software /jtag ", and i reckon firmware could be flashed,with the varibles tweaked, NT are software not security , but in-turn , they have some very smart peps there . but in short YES it could be done ......

I always wanted to take the dongle apart and mess about with it "even just building a personallized casing for it ", but somewhere in the T&C it would be breaking the law !

calilifestyle
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
I feel your pain. Not with DYNAMITE but with Mirage 2d. I recently reinstalled it and it's no longer working. All i get is you unlock code has expired. God that piss me off. I paid for it and should have the right to use it. After contacting tvp all i get is we cant help, but you could upgrade. please bite me. Yeah this pisses me off, since well it cost me a nice amount of money, at the time.

Phil
04-30-2010, 12:17 AM
DRM is a wonderful thing, isn't it? I suspect Google would help, if asked the right questions.

monovich
04-30-2010, 10:32 AM
yup , dont know how you go about doing it "software /jtag ", and i reckon firmware could be flashed,with the varibles tweaked, NT are software not security , but in-turn , they have some very smart peps there . but in short YES it could be done ......

I always wanted to take the dongle apart and mess about with it "even just building a personallized casing for it ", but somewhere in the T&C it would be breaking the law !

interesting. mine broke once and I did put the internals into another housing from an obsolete dongle.

I'm all for DRM, etc etc. but if you are just trying to get old hardware working again that you own I'm all for hacking.

biliousfrog
04-30-2010, 10:48 AM
perhaps a little controversial but have you searched around for a cracked version on the torrent sites?...you own the software so I don't see a problem with it personally.