PDA

View Full Version : Basic rendering question

koaxfrax
09-11-2003, 01:01 PM
I need to render the "right" view - not the perspective and when I try to rotate my objects to the correct rotation in the perspective view everything gets out of whack.

What am I doing wrong? LW 7.5 mac OS9

meshmaster
09-11-2003, 01:11 PM
are you selecting everthing in the scene editor or just one certain part and that's rotating... or just rotate the camera and move it to the left so that it's looking right... remember to keyframe after the rotation or move so that your changes save... then render.

koaxfrax
09-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Thanks. I am selecting everything when I rotate ... if you don't mind though can you tell me HOW to rotate a camera? and lights for that matter.

geoff3dnz
09-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Errr... the same way you rotate the objects, except with the camera selected... Seriously, a little trip to the manual wouldn't hurt ;)

Weetos
09-12-2003, 05:18 AM
???
have you ever read the manual? I guess you didn't even took a look at the basic stuff... sounds like you run LW for the first time... when I begun I remember that I was spending more time on the manual than on the software itself (and it's still on my desk because I still need it ;P), you can't learn things if you jump over the steps

koaxfrax
09-12-2003, 06:56 AM
Okay - so besides trashing me for not reading the manual - which I did do by the way - - what about the other fact - I select everything explicitly and rotate and all my layers come out of whack. Is hat in the manual somewhere too? Perhaps I need to brush up on my library skills because I sure can't find an explanation for that in here.

meshmaster
09-12-2003, 08:04 AM
Look on the far left on bottom of screen at the numbers and which axis you are affecting... tip: select more than one in scene editor with shift key and mouse click I think

Oracle77
09-12-2003, 04:56 PM
hey, if you grab everything, and rotate, say positve pitch, all your objects have different pivot points, with different pivot rotations.
So, while on some objects, it may turn up, others it might spin sideways, so rotating a scene like this is kinda pointless.
If you dont wanna rotate the cam to fix it, parent all your objects to a single null (with parent in place on), and then rotate that!
good luck!

koaxfrax
09-12-2003, 06:06 PM
AH! Now taht makes sense. Gawd bless you canadians - so helpful. Thanks!