PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some quick (paid) training

Matelot13
04-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Hello
I'm pitching a web mini-series that will be on during the World Cup. It's based on two simple cartoon characters - The French Coach Raymond Domenech and a sock (see below). There won't be anything fancy going on, basically they'll be talking to the camera.

The thing is, this is a new thing for me. I modeled/uvd/textured the characters in Modo, and now I need to take that to LW for rigging, animating/rendering maybe. I've done some 2D animation BTW, so I know what a keyframe is, but 3D CA, not really.

I'm already having some issues with the transfer from Modo to LW, and need badly some advice on how to set up the whole thing. When to use bones, when to use morphs...

And I have only a few days to get a rough pilot together. I'm looking from some on line guidance, with iChat (I'm on Mac), gotomeeting, whatever has some screen sharing feature. I'd send you the files, and I think two two-hours cessions would do... So if anyone familiar enough with both apps is interested, send me a PM with your price, and we'll talk...

Thanks in advance

UnCommonGrafx
04-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Love your request. The image is nice, too.

I'm not offering any training (plus, not on a mac) but do have a thought to share.
I would look at some type of an autorigger for your needs. Maestro, in particular, is what I'm thinking of, as it would get your character rigged and ready for animation.

I don't really believe you have the kind of time you speak of for training with the deadline you've created for yourself.