PDA

View Full Version : Streaming & iVGA input

Claude_bou
04-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Hi there,
Just bought TC studio.
My input set up is the following: 3 cam, 1 iVGA. Ouput: Live streaning
It is suggested to use the iVGA utilities and a network cable to connect the external computer directly to TC.
But how do I manage to connect TC with my IP while the network port is use for the iVGA connection.
Any advice will be appreciate.

Claude

pro---studio
04-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Use a network switch.

SBowie
04-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Or router ....

radams
04-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Yes, setup a real network switch/router connection to allow you to stream out of the tricaster...and bring iVGA or Data from other devices, storage or servers.

But this does bring up a point that I've brought up in the passed.

With only one ethernet connection even at 1 g/s...there is the possibility for over saturation, and errors/collisions. What if you needed to bring in more than one ivga source?

Thus my request to have a dual Nic...with Dual ethernet connections.
Then you can isolate one for streaming...to maintain and protect your feed.
The other for all the other devices, storage and possible control heads.

Cheers,

SBowie
04-28-2010, 07:34 AM
With only one ethernet connection even at 1 g/s...there is the possibility for over saturation, and errors/collisions. What if you needed to bring in more than one ivga source?I asked the same question, long since. I'm told by reliable sources that for two iVGA connections (as for TCXD850) plus network output, one gigabit network is adequate.

SantiagoVa
04-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Not knowing the hardware of TC Studio, could it be possible to use a USB port as an Ethernet connection? That may be an option if working with a 100TX router/switcher to avoid possible errors/collisions.

Zane Condren
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
There is no reason to worry about it. A simple $50 Router or switch solves the problem.