PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to tape the Emmys?

Elmar Moelzer
09-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Hello
As this years Emmy- awards are going to be very interesting for us LWers, I am wondering whether anyone is going to tape them and put them online (best would be if NT used their super- toaster- technology to do that themselves). None of the tv- stations here seem to broadcast them and I dont want to miss William and Tim collecting the Emmy for LW. And there are a lot of LW- productions nominated for an Emmy too (like Children of Dune, Firefly or Enterprise). So this will be interesting.
Would be cool if someone with the necessary equipment could do that for the community.
CU
Elmar

js33
09-11-2003, 11:20 AM
When do they air?

Cheers,
JS

Elmar Moelzer
09-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Not sure I think they are some time this weekend.
I am in Europe and dont have any US- TV- magazine (correct word?).
So I cant really tell.
All I know is that I could ot find anything about the Emmys airing on any of the Austrian or German TV- stations that I have got here.
CU
Elmar

js33
09-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Ok I'll check it out. Usually emmys like the one for Lightwave aren't handed out on stage but off screen and a blurb on the screen showing them. But that would be cool too.

It's usually only a 90-120 minute show so they don't have time to hand out every award on stage. Or maybe it's Academy awards that are like that.

Cheers,
JS

js33
09-11-2003, 11:36 AM
FOX will air the prime-time telecast on Sunday, September 21, 2003.

Cheers,
JS

Elmar Moelzer
09-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Would be cool!
CU
Elmar

JVitale
09-11-2003, 02:45 PM
The Emmys in which LW and related shows are awarded are taking place this Saturday 13th...These ceremonies are usually not broadcasted. The Primetime Emmys air one week later and they will most likely just mention the VFX winners briefly. By the evening of the 13th, you should be able to find out who won by going to the Academy of Television arts and sciences website. I believe it's www.emmys.org...or something like that, they always seem to change the name

chriz
09-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Elmar Moelzer
...And there are a lot of LW- productions nominated for an Emmy too (like Children of Dune, Firefly or Enterprise). So this will be interesting.
Elmar

Don't forget Buffy the Vampire Slayer, whose finale made heavy use of Lightwave.

Elmar Moelzer
09-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Yupp, sorry I knew I didnt mention all, did not mean to make anyone down with that, I just was a bit lazy, please forgive me.
Still hoping we are going to see a tiny bit of the visual- effects- stuff.
It is funny, that they dont show that primetime. Even when I was a kid, this was the most interesting part (actually the only interesting part) about the Oscars (the Emmys werent as popular here back then) for me.
Honestly, who of us really cares about the actors?
CU
Elmar

Susurrus
09-11-2003, 07:58 PM
The Creative Arts awards will be on television on the E! network. That ceremony is for us "behind the scenes" types. I will double check when they will be airing, and let everyone know.

They will be aired in all thier glory! 'Grats to Newtek, and still crossing my fingers that we win something too!

*Nominated for Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editorial for Non-Fiction Programming - "James Cameron's Expedition: Bismarck"*

**EDIT** - The Creative Arts Awars will air September 19th at 600pm on the E! channel.

Keith

Elmar Moelzer
09-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Cool, any chance anyone will be able to record it and put it online, so europeans like me get a chance of watching it?
CU
Elmar