PDA

View Full Version : Rob Powers on FatFreeFilm

TheDeacon
04-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Announcing FatFreeFilm Episode #77 with Rob Powers, Avatar Supervisor and Creator of the Virtual Art Department

Dedicated to helping filmmakers learn from other filmmakers by providing in-depth interviews with professionals in the film industry, FatFreeFilm pioneered the indie film podcast format by featuring interviews with directors, writers, actors, editors, costume designers and anyone else involved with making independent films.

Today their newest podcast goes LIVE- and with who else? Our own Director of Entertainment & Media Development, Rob Powers.

from their website:

"Rob Powers is a pioneer in the creation of virtual environments for filming movies such as James Cameron's Avatar and Aliens of the Deep. He also recently worked with Steven Spielberg. Rob is a graduate of USC Film School who took his filmmaking and art skills to a new level with 3D Modeling and computer generated images. Rob talks about how computer generated graphics are evolving and our ability, as filmmakers, to interact with and develop these creations is changing for the better. He also talks about working with the company NewTek to help evolve their products. Listener Ben Gurvich, visiting from Australia, sits in on the interview."

listen to the interview HERE. (http://www.fatfreefilm.com/)

enjoy!

calilifestyle
04-27-2010, 11:31 AM
:thumbsup:

This is great.

SBowie
04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
+1 ... well worth a listen, nice job all around!

OnlineRender
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Celebrity Death Match :

ROB vs Steven Moffat , im in Rob's corner . DING DING

Offtopic :hijack: , back on track now !sorry just had the overwhelming urge to say that !
--------------------------------------

LOL 30 secs best correction of job title in the world , awesome ! That would be my RINGTONE !

kurv
04-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Awesome cant wait to hear it, thanks for letting us know.

Digital Hermit
04-28-2010, 03:02 AM
You know hearing Rob tout artists not being slaves to the tech and having a company that understands that, is so very important. I know that NewTek has made a wise choice in acquiring his talent and street cred.

I think NewTek’s new motto should be what Rob said,
“Artists, stop being a prisoner to Bull ****!” :D

Thanks NewTek and Rob I am looking forward to what’s coming.