PDA

View Full Version : HD instance texture problem

Salim
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Hey experienced LW people! I'm using my schools HD instance plugin. I've been learning to use it on my with the help of tutorials and the pdf file. My professor is really bad at LW so I've been learning through tuts.

Anyways, I'm having a problem. I'm rendering a small skirmish of soldiers made of chess pieces. I'm instancing the black pawn pieces as a mass of soldiers. They have a metallic helmet and carry a metallic shield. But when I render it, everything turns out as a flat black (even the helmet and the shield). I can't even see the gloss or specularity. I bet there's a simple fix... but I can figure this out. Help would be appreciated.

rapscallion
04-27-2010, 12:25 AM
this was a well documented error that was fixed with one of the official version updates...what version are you using? If your copy is officially licensed, then you should be able to just go to the Happy-Digital site and get the latest version which won't have that issue anymore...good luck...

Salim
04-27-2010, 06:36 AM
I would have to let the tech guys know at school. I'm sure the university has a licensed version. I just have to use their computers for the time being until I get my student license next week. But thanks for the help.

archijam
04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Also make sure your volumetric radiostity is on, if you're using it. It can lead to big light/dark discrepancies in certain lighting setups.