PDA

View Full Version : which is better

oliversimonnet
04-25-2010, 03:59 PM
hello every one, here i am again ith my questions lol.
sorry to bother you all, but i have no idea about this stuff... so im going to ask you lot what you think: :)

PC:
fully loded home PC with quad core processer, huge 1TB hard drive, gaming grphics and blue ray play back.

500.99 UK pownds Fujitsu P1500ndesktop tower.t
PROCESSOR: INTEL QUAD CORE Q8300 (2.50GHZ)
RAM: 4GB DDRT
HARD DRIVE: 1 TB SATA (1000GB)
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 220 (1GB)
CD/DVD DRIVE: DVD/CD READ/WRITE BLU-RAY PLAYBACK
WI-FI: 802.11 B/G
SYSTEM: WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM

aditional fetures: multy-card reader, 6 x USB HDML, weight. (brakedown cover up 3 years.

MONTITOR NOT INCLUDED!!!
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

MONITOR:
94.99 UK pownds LG 19" widescreen TFT monitor

WIDESCREEN: yes
RESOLUTION: 1366 X 786
SPEAKERS: no
INPUT: ANALOGUE
RESPONSE TIME: 5ms
CONTRAST RATIO: 30.000:1
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

ORRRRE
__________________________________________________ ______________________

LAPTOP:
extreem computering, gaming and home entertainment on a huge 18.4 " screen with built in Dolby home theatre.

699.99 UK pownds 18.4" Acer 8735 laptop.t

PROCESSOR:
RAM: 4GB DDRT
HARD DRIVE: 320 GB SATA
GRAPHICS: INTEL GMA 4500M HD
CD/DVD DRIVE: MULTY-FORMAT DUAL LAYER
WI-FI: 802.11 B/G/N
WEB-CAM: 0.3 MP & MIC
SYSTEM: WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM

what one you think is best???

thak you in advance :)

Elmar Moelzer
04-25-2010, 04:16 PM
I would avoid the Intel GMA GPU like a pest.
You also did not provide any information on the CPU in the laptop.
The graphics card in the desktop is not a highlight either, btw. I would rather go with a 9800, which is older, but still much faster than the GT 220 (which is actually rather low end).

Hopper
04-25-2010, 04:17 PM
They both sound fairly decent for the price. If you need to be portable, go with the notebook, but beware... Intel graphics chipsets are well known for being a nighmare for OpenGL applications.

Personally, I'd go desktop. Sounds like a pretty good deal (and you can change components much easier if you're not satisfied with what you have later).

oliversimonnet
04-25-2010, 04:30 PM
so i should go with the PC?
is it any good tho, im trying to get a PC or laptop that will work well with LW 9.6
do you think its any good (the PC)

oliversimonnet
04-25-2010, 04:37 PM
The graphics card in the desktop is not a highlight either, btw. I would rather go with a 9800, which is older, but still much faster than the GT 220 (which is actually rather low end).

soo... do you think the desktop is any good for LightWave?
o and is the graphics card the only bad thing about it.

in other words (lol) is the desktop worth the money or should i look for a different one

Hopper
04-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Considering the components and the equivalent price of just over $750US, it's not a bad deal. But shop around and do some price comparisons. You may find better... maybe even with a monitor.

Dodgy
04-25-2010, 09:53 PM
For 3d, get an nvidia (maybe an ati card, but I haven't much experience with those) card first, intel graphics just don't cut it. I have a i5 laptop with 4 gig ram and an nvidia 230m graphics chip with 1gig graphics memory, and you can get something similar for 600-700 pounds.

oliversimonnet
04-26-2010, 02:33 AM
aaa ok cool cool
thank you guys

oliversimonnet
04-26-2010, 02:41 AM

aa ye sorry :s
the CPU is:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO T6600 (2.20GHZ)

Elmar Moelzer
04-26-2010, 03:03 AM
I think you should be able to find a better laptop for that price, or maybe 100 USD more (if your budget allows for that).
If it absolutely has to be 18", then there is a Toshiba Notebook in 18" that has a very good Nvidia GTX 360M grahics card and a CORE i5 CPU in it. That one is currently costs 1099 USD at Bestbuy, but you may be able to get a better deal elswhere (or maybe a showroom model).
There is a slightly cheaper Asus available too (999 USD). It has 17" and a pretty decent Nvidia GTX260 graphics card and a slightly better CPU in it.
I think that you should be able to find even better offers, if you shop arround a bit.

Danner
04-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Laptops are generally underpowered and overpriced so unless you really need it to move around go with the desktop.

We have two Dual Quad Cores here, the 2.66 is around twice as fast as the i7 920 (before it was overclocked) but it was also twice as expensive and it is noisy as hell, if I was buying a pc today I'd go with an i7 get a cooler and overclock it.

oliversimonnet
04-26-2010, 11:28 AM
aa ok thank you guys.
to be honest i dont need a laptop i just tort it would bee good t to work on one (lol)

what i relay need as i good desktop for using LW.
preferably under 800 UK pounds. (including the monitor)

see... i dont relay no what im suppose to look for, weather its a good GC i need or if i should look for one with a good processes

oliversimonnet
04-26-2010, 11:37 AM
i have been looking on
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-pc-monitors-73-u.html

if anyone wants to suggest one i would be grateful :)

i have had a good look at this one

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-ixtreme-x6620-uk-viseo-230-23-widescreen-lcd-monitor-03613889-pdt.html

is it any good for LW, i dont relay no much to do with hardware lol :s

thank you in advance