PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Core + GoZ

MAUROCOR
04-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi!

I know maybe is too soon for that, but I would like to encourage you guys that have plans to work with Core and ZBrush that make a request to Pixologic to prepare our GoZ version.
If you have no intention to work with Core or ZB, just ignore that post.
Thank you for your attention!

:thumbsup:

Nemoid
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
I think its a bit early, given the fact the product isn't already in the market..but i agree. CORE must work with GoZ for sure.

manholoz
04-24-2010, 10:29 AM
It would be a nice thing indeed. Something like the integration between 3d coat and lightwave... or better.

MAUROCOR
04-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Doesnīt matter if it is too soon or not, letīs make our work!
Letīs request directly in the ZBrush Support/plugin.

Letīs go for it, guys!

hrgiger
04-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Already done.

Kuzey
04-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Already done.

In what way :D

Goz is already a complete feature in Core.....or Newtek has just started working with the ZBrush team to produce a plugin??

Kuzey

geothefaust
04-24-2010, 12:47 PM
In what way :D

Goz is already a complete feature in Core.....or Newtek has just started working with the ZBrush team to produce a plugin??

Kuzey

Well believe it or not, GoZ is something that pixologic must want to develop, I'm pretty certain they received a number of requests from LW users, but we haven't seen anything yet in this regard. I just don't think pixologic wants to do anything for the LW community in this regard... Maybe I'm wrong, I'd certainly like to be.

VonBon
04-24-2010, 12:51 PM
i started a thred over there.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=85853

Kuzey
04-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Well believe it or not, GoZ is something that pixologic must want to develop, I'm pretty certain they received a number of requests from LW users, but we haven't seen anything yet in this regard. I just don't think pixologic wants to do anything for the LW community in this regard... Maybe I'm wrong, I'd certainly like to be.

Going by hrgiger's post...I would have guessed Newtek approached Pixologic....but it also sounded like the plugin already exists.

Kuzey

hrgiger
04-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Going by hrgiger's post...I would have guessed Newtek approached Pixologic....but it also sounded like the plugin already exists.

Kuzey

No, I just meant I already sent them an email. Jay told us it's up to Pixologic to create a GoZ connection. Jay also told us that Pixologic already has access to the CORE SDK and that they had positive interest in CORE but that doesn't equate to a definitive answer to when and if we'll see a GoZ connection.

Kuzey
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
No, I just meant I already sent them an email. Jay told us it's up to Pixologic to create a GoZ connection. Jay also told us that Pixologic already has access to the CORE SDK and that they had positive interest in CORE but that doesn't equate to a definitive answer to when and if we'll see a GoZ connection.

Thanks for the clear up :D

Sounds like Pixologic might be waiting for Core to be a complete app.....before attempting to work on a plugin. Since Core is still very early and things can change at anytime.

Kuzey

MAUROCOR
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
i started a thred over there.

Great! I posted over there too!:thumbsup:

MAUROCOR
04-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the clear up :D

Sounds like Pixologic might be waiting for Core to be a complete app.....before attempting to work on a plugin. Since Core is still very early and things can change at anytime.

Kuzey

It is ok if they might be waiting for Core to be a complete app. But that doesnīt mean we canīt ask them for it.
If they see a real interest from much users, it is a positive point indeed.

speismonqui
04-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Core needs GoZ, and GoZ needs Core, so Newtek needs pixologic and .... you get the point. This way everybody wins. GoZ for maya, cinema4D, Modo, and obviously LW.
Would be interesting too, to have GoCoat, GoBPaint, etc.
I think the open SDK will help? wouldnt it?

Nicolas Jordan
04-24-2010, 04:42 PM
I highly doubt Core will be fleshed out enough for it's first release to support a Go Z plugin. Maybe by Core 2.0 or 3.0 it might be an option. Considering the Core SDK is supposed to be very developer friendly compared to the old Lightwave SDK it's very likely to see lots of plugins and connection to many other programs.

geothefaust
04-25-2010, 01:04 AM
I highly doubt Core will be fleshed out enough for it's first release to support a Go Z plugin. Maybe by Core 2.0 or 3.0 it might be an option. Considering the Core SDK is supposed to be very developer friendly compared to the old Lightwave SDK it's very likely to see lots of plugins and connection to many other programs.

We'll see how it pans out. Don't be too surprised if you see another application linking with CORE on launch. ;)

Kuzey
04-25-2010, 03:31 AM
But that doesnīt mean we canīt ask them for it.
If they see a real interest from much users, it is a positive point indeed.

Sure....there's no problem with that :D

If I had Zbrush, I would be doing the same thing. But it sounds like they are already interested by the sounds of things...which would be half the battle.

Kuzey

Kuzey
04-25-2010, 03:34 AM
We'll see how it pans out. Don't be too surprised if you see another application linking with CORE on launch. ;)

Photoshop...After Effects???

The more Newtek can get...the better the impact would be.

Kuzey

hrgiger
04-25-2010, 04:40 AM
No, he's talking about 3D Coat of course.

Kuzey
04-25-2010, 05:00 AM
I should have seen that coming....but I would prefer Adobe first, a major player would increase the impact that Core makes.

Kuzey

probiner
04-25-2010, 09:18 AM

Oh... i thought he was making a meany funny joke abouth CORE linking along with Lightwave. Dumb me :D

MAUROCOR
04-26-2010, 05:40 AM

I didnīt use 3D Coat but apparently it has a great integration to LW, is that true?

Philbert
04-27-2010, 12:13 AM
I didnīt use 3D Coat but apparently it has a great integration to LW, is that true?

Yes 3D-Coat already works very well with LightWave, for example when you're finished modeling and texturing in 3DC you can export it as an LWO. When you load the LWO into LightWave all of the textures will be already applied for you including the node for the normal map.

However what Javis is talking about is a brand new 3D-Coat SDK that has been released which will apparently allow an even greater connection.

MAUROCOR
04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Yes 3D-Coat already works very well with LightWave, for example when you're finished modeling and texturing in 3DC you can export it as an LWO. When you load the LWO into LightWave all of the textures will be already applied for you including the node for the normal map.

However what Javis is talking about is a brand new 3D-Coat SDK that has been released which will apparently allow an even greater connection.

Yeah, that sounds really great!

MAUROCOR
04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Come on, guys! We need all of you who works with Lightwave and ZBrush posting there. It takes only some few minutes.

:thumbsup:

monovich
04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Photoshop...After Effects???

The more Newtek can get...the better the impact would be.

Kuzey

haha. I facepalmed on this reply. ;)

Philbert
04-27-2010, 01:56 PM

BTW that SDK info has been released today if anyone's interested in working on the plugin for LW. It's at the bottom of this post.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1012988&postcount=73

Kuzey
04-27-2010, 02:25 PM
haha. I facepalmed on this reply. ;)

I guess I just don't get it sometimes...hehe

or maybe I do ;)

Kuzey

silviotoledo
09-23-2010, 12:38 PM
We Need GoZ for Lightwave 9.6.x and LW 10 too :) Not only for CORE

when CORE will be available, Z Brush will have their own animation system :)
It already has animation and a fine rendering.

silviotoledo
09-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Philbert

It would be amazing if, 3D coat can read LW bones ( maybe through FBX, but I hope no ). So we would be able to pose the model in coat and then do the Endomorphs/Morph targets like in Blender AnimSculpt.

Philbert
09-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Yes that would be great. I also suggested at least accepting .mdd animation.