PDA

View Full Version : Behavior Repeat is inaccurate

Mr Rid
04-21-2010, 11:35 PM
I dont know when this started, but Repeat post/pre behavior has been screwy for awhile. It was never too crucial to worry about until a couple of recent scenes where I needed a precise loop.

One purpose is for getting motion blur on RealFlow meshes by applying the speed morph. I need frame 0 to be value 0, and frame 1 to be value 100, and repeat. But instead you wind up with odd random values on the repeat frames, and even the frames start to drift off into fractional values. You see here that frame 28 winds up with an odd 69.23 value.

So, I have to copy paste keys manually on every frame, but the copy-n-paste manuever by selecting points and Ctrl+R Mouse button+drag is very buggy. Some moments it feels like working, other moments not. Another annoying thing about end behavior repeat is that the last keyframe insists on becoming the first keyframe, when I really want the frame after the last keyframe to repeat the first keyframe.

Dodgy
04-22-2010, 12:08 AM
For that where you want it to be 0-1-0-1 etc, you either have to set a 0 on the 2nd frame (since it tries to go back to 0 as soon as it goes past frame 1, when it should go back to 0 at frame 2) or have post behaviour set to Oscillate, which will give 0-1-0-1 on each frame. You have to remember LW time is continuous, so a repeat occurs at 1+n (n being the smallest fraction of a frame LW can represent, NOT just the next whole frame) If you have it how you have it now, the morph is trying to be at both 100 and 0 because of the repeat. You could also try enabling fractional frames and set 0% to be at .01 frames 100% at 1 frame and 0% again at 1.1 frames and set that to repeat if you want it to morph over the course of a frame.
For the ctrl-rmb behaviour, it works differently depending on whether you have one channel or multiple channels selected. If you have one channel selected, you have to ctrl-rmb onto the channel's spline to do the copy. However, if you have multiple frames selected across multiple channels, you have to ctrl-rmb drag into an empty area (ie not on a spline) at the right time position for it to copy. Don't ask me why, it must have seemed a good idea at the time.

gerardstrada
04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Agree with Dodgy in that if you need the frame 0 be 0%, frame 1 be 100%, frame 2 be 0% again, and so on, you need an additional key in frame 2 (0%). But the inaccuracy of your values seems to be another problem. It's wierd to see the keyframe 28 offset toward one side, what may mean that your keyframes are not exactly in 0.0 or 1.0. This might happen if you have enabled Fractional Keyframes and you have set up your keyframes with fractional values, later if you disable Fractional Keyframes, you won't notice the frames are not integer. You may enable Allow Fractional Keyframes in Display option (Graph Editor) and check if your keyframes are exactly in 0.0 and 1.0 respectively, or you can also enter the integer values and hit Enter to reposition your keyframes in the correct place.

Gerardo

shrox
04-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I have noticed errors with repeat behavior as well. Especailly with large values over many frames.