PDA

View Full Version : It came from nowhere

drako
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Here some images from my last work for the CGTALK-CHALLENGE
B-MOVIE.I have participated for the experience and because i wanted
to show that an artist using LIGHTWAVE can make excellent work
and can show a lot of artistic stuff.I have work for one month.

you can see also the video here
link
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/b-movie/player.php?entry_id=113404

sampei
04-22-2010, 03:40 AM
I like it a lot, I wish you could have fixed some little things but overall I really think you achieved the sense of scale of huge alien robot rampaging in town. Explosions, helicopters, smoke and all the city work well together imo.
The breakdown impressed me.
Very cool stuff, well done :)

drako
04-22-2010, 04:31 AM
sampei you have right at your first comments but i was in hurry to finish the challenge and imagine that i didnt quite finish it as i wanted to be.I m happy because i have work for one month and i have this result even at 65%.Lightwave Rocks man.....
Thanks for your good words.

sampei
04-22-2010, 05:03 AM
:agree: on LightWave rockin.
Yeah I think you can be proud of it, looking forward to seeing more work from you.

drako
04-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Thanks man, but as you see here in Greece with all these financial problems we have sometimes i think to change profession.Who cares maybe if things go wrong i m gonna leave Greece for Scotland.......

sampei
04-22-2010, 06:57 AM
dude never give up your passion and dreams, no matter what I'd never want to do anything else than be a 3d artist even with a crap pay and if I had to work in the sewers because I freakin love it more than anything else in the world.
That been said you can always re-locate if there's no work where you stay, I think LightWavers will have a hard time anyway because of the dominance of other packages in this industry and that's why its always best to learn as many tools as you can, even if LightWave will remain our "first love".
hell in 2 weeks ill no longer be a student and you bet the quest for a job will gonna be hard :D

Shnoze Shmon
04-22-2010, 07:18 AM
...be a 3d artist even with a crap pay and if I had to work in the sewers...

Your application has been accepted. Please report for work at the manhole on 5th and main. Please arrive promptly at 6:15 am and expect to stay until 5:45 pm. Pay is $2.25/hr plus any tips that might float by.

:D:D:D

sampei
04-22-2010, 07:39 AM
ok...at least I hope the canteen is decent, I'm a pasta fuelled engine. :thumbsup:

drako
04-22-2010, 02:29 PM
i believe that you are a young artist sampei and its good to have dreams.....
I wish you ......your dreams come true and to make that you love so much....
been a 3d artist......
I never give up my dreams,but when you see young men
without jobs near you and you as artist you have a very good job believe me none artist cant be influenced from problems, otherwise he is not an artist.......

sampei
04-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I kinda see what you mean Drako...well I'm not that young anymore but I started studying the 3d thing last year. That got me interested in more traditional formats such as drawing and sculpture.
I actually believe that the romance of getting your hands dirty and wounded can never be replaced by a cold pc.
I had studied mechanical engineering and hated it, I'm glad I found something that I can see myself doing for the rest of my days, and because of it I met amazing people which is just priceless.
To be honest I already feel the defeat of not having had any replies from any of the companies I contacted so far, but that just means I'm not good enough and I need to study harder. Improve and be better than everybody else.
Thanks for your kind words, I admire your hard work and I think more people should appreciate it and post here.
I also hope you best of luck with the future :)
ale

geo_n
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Very cool. Lw can really do amazing stuff with a good generalist. :thumbsup:
How were the trees animated in the car scene. Bones and keyframed?
Curious to know more about the robot rig as well.

sompson
04-29-2010, 12:55 AM
nice, good luck in the contest

mikadit
10-06-2010, 05:35 AM
Awesome, love it!
In a short time you got something that catch the eye, keeps your attention and desire to see a sequel.

You should have add the link to the wip (that I'm going to read it with my own good time):
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=305&t=861334

Sigaritiria!

brunopeixoto
10-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Cool!!!!!!!