PDA

View Full Version : Bone Problem

txbob
09-10-2003, 11:55 PM
I suspect there is an easy answer for this... Please excuse me if it's a rtfm problem...

I have a rather complex skelton for an object. The bones work fine. Problem is, I had to go through and split out some bones and add a few here and there. Like I said the skelton works fine, but here's the problem:

In layout, the bones show up in the wrong order. By this I mean I usually start at the spine and using the arrow keys I can run through the bones in order. (ie: down one arm, then the next, then the leg etc...) Because of the skelgon splits, and the new add ons, scrolling jumps all over the place.

This isn't a show stopper problem, but I'd like to give it to the client with the bones all orderly. I've been getting by selecting by clicking the bones, but this is sometimes difficult when working from the side view and the bones are right on top of one another.

Like I said I appologise in advance if this is a duhhh question.

Thanks.

Dodgy
09-11-2003, 02:46 AM
You can set up some keys so that instead of just running through the bones in order, you can go to child/parent or next sibling and previous sibling. I use those instead of the standard key navigation as it makes more sense in the scene. Have a look for them in the hotkey editor.