PDA

View Full Version : Change Background on Double Box

DHTVPro
04-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Is there a simple way to replace a background in the Liveset/Double box? I don't really need to make a new effect. Just want to customize one of the outdated backgrounds. Been trying to trick tricaster by simply changing the file being referenced...but i can't find the folder with the files for the double box effect. that would be useful info also. I read the earlier post but the guy had taken down his link.

SBowie
04-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Been trying to trick tricaster by simply changing the file being referenced...but i can't find the folder with the files for the double box effect.No, you can't do that simply by modifying a file reference.

For SD systems, you could do a screengrab of the LiveSet sans video inputs, and use Aura (if you had it) to modify the imagery and re-compile the revised effect.

For TCXD models, the upcoming LiveSet Artisan will let you substitute this sort of imagery in LiveSets created to support Artisan, but for the moment it's not possible (apart from the LiveSet compiler beta, which is not intended for everyone, nor a simple approach).

billmi
04-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Speaking of Livesets for the TCXD models - is there any specific nomenclature being used to differentiate original format LiveSets from new format - and the same for DVEs?

SBowie
04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
It's a good question. I'm afraid I don't have a good official answer though, Bill - sorry.

DHTVPro
04-27-2010, 01:30 PM
FYI: we came up with a work around to customize your live set double box backgrounds. basically we did it with the overlay tool. just created a png with the background and company brand/logo we needed and then cut a couple of holes in the graphic to make room for the video boxes.
be careful if you're not an experience director/switcher though.

Eric Pratt
04-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Although Newtek refers to both their SD and HD virtual sets as Livesets, the SD sets are .vsfx files and the HD sets are .liveset files so I differentiate them that way. I haven't played around with the HD transition compiler so it hasn't been necessary for me to come up with any way of delineating between SD and HD DVEs.

jcupp
04-28-2010, 09:45 PM
http:/www.metasetz.com has double box sets that use the dsk bus for the background. You can even have animated bqackgrounds.

DHTVPro
05-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks jcupp-Grizzled Veteran.....I searched for something like this but couldn't find it before I hired someone to build us what we needed.
but good to have this for future.

joseburgos
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
http:/www.metasetz.com has double box sets that use the dsk bus for the background. You can even have animated bqackgrounds.

Very nice bundle you are offering Jeff. The only thing would be not being able to use the Overlay function of TriCaster/VT[5] with the animated background shots. From my experience, the overlay function is usually a must.
Very nice and I'll say again what I think I said when I first viewed them, maybe one day I'll get around to putting out a few packages/bundles ;)

Take care,

joseburgos
05-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Although Newtek refers to both their SD and HD virtual sets as Livesets, the SD sets are .vsfx files and the HD sets are .liveset files so I differentiate them that way. I haven't played around with the HD transition compiler so it hasn't been necessary for me to come up with any way of delineating between SD and HD DVEs.

Man I was told a HD DVE compiler did not exist yet?

jcupp
05-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Very nice bundle you are offering Jeff. The only thing would be not being able to use the Overlay function of TriCaster/VT[5] with the animated background shots. From my experience, the overlay function is usually a must.
Very nice and I'll say again what I think I said when I first viewed them, maybe one day I'll get around to putting out a few packages/bundles ;)

Take care,

If you needed to caption the 'boxes' you could build the captions into the background. Not perfect but it would work.