PDA

View Full Version : Converting to wmv, flash, or gif

THREEL
04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't see any way to render to wmv, gif, or make a flash animation in LW 8.5. Are there options for these in 8.5, or will I need to convert from avi, or mov files to any of these 3? If I have to convert, does anyone know of any good conversion tools that would accomplish such a task?

I'm looking to add animations and video to a website that's being built for my company.

Thanks!

StereoMike
04-21-2010, 01:10 AM
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

a bit complicated to find the download, but it's worth it.
Exports anything you throw at it to flv, gif, avi, iphone, psp, ds, whatever.
For free.

mike

probiner
04-21-2010, 01:14 AM
It even has a download guide showing where you need to click :D

Anyway, ty for reference StereoMike, here is the direct file link:
http://www.erightsoft.biz/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

THREEL
04-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Thanks!

So, between these 3 choices, what is the preferred "flavor" for readying video/animation samples/trailers for insertion to a website? How about for a 1/2 hour, or feature length project?

StereoMike
04-21-2010, 07:04 AM
.flv
You could use camtasia to embed it (some time ago you could get v3 for free).

bjornkn
04-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks!

So, between these 3 choices, what is the preferred "flavor" for readying video/animation samples/trailers for insertion to a website? How about for a 1/2 hour, or feature length project?
I second the Super recommendation. It's great! The flv is probably the best choice too, but will it play on iPoad etc?

BTW, I wish you didn't flash your religion in our faces all the time in your sig. It has really nothing to do with LW. We're better off in this forum if we don't all flash our religious beliefs IMHO. After all it's a personal matter.

THREEL
04-21-2010, 07:48 AM
I second the Super recommendation. It's great! The flv is probably the best choice too, but will it play on iPoad etc?

BTW, I wish you didn't flash your religion in our faces all the time in your sig. It has really nothing to do with LW. We're better off in this forum if we don't all flash our religious beliefs IMHO. After all it's a personal matter.

That's just who I am, bjornkn! There are definitely people here that flash that they are atheists like people who have statements like "faith is the opposite of intelligence" showing on their signature. I'm not having a discussion about religion with you. I'm just showing you who I am.

So, if I show a scene, or animation with a cross, or other "religious" content on it in the WIP section, you're going to tell me I shouldn't, because I'm flashing my religion on the forum, because 9 chances out of 10 that's the kind of work I'll be showing here.

bjornkn
04-21-2010, 07:56 AM
OK, I'll just try to avoid replying to people with offensive signatures then.

THREEL
04-21-2010, 07:58 AM
OK, I'll just try to avoid replying to people with offensive signatures then.

Wow!

bjornkn
04-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Wow!
Well, that's just who I am ;)

StereoMike
04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
And what should religious people do? don't answer to guys with spaghetti monster or atheists reference? This leads to nothing bjorkn.

SBowie
04-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Hey, here's a crazy notion - let's drop this part of the thread now, before it becomes a flamewar, and focus on it's original topic.