PDA

View Full Version : thin line in middle of video when paste

edmellnik
09-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Just started working with T3 and you may know about this bug....
When I highlight a clip right click,,,copy then paste down on the timeline again...( I do this a lot for more copies of the same clip on time line.)
>
The pasted clip has a hair line rip in the video about a little higher that mid frame. Most noticeable when video is moving. I have repeated this over and over with the same results. These are RTV 720 by 486 clips.

When I drag the clip from the filebin on the time line, this does not happen. Hopefully someone is aware of this strangeness.
ed

Paul Lara
09-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Is this appearing in your VT-Vision, your hardware monitor, or on both?

deejay
09-10-2003, 05:48 PM
When I first started using VT3 I noticed this also ..... I think what happens is VT3 is automatically resizing the clips very slightly. By unchecking 'size' the 'thin line' went away. And if that don't do it then let me know .....

edmellnik
09-10-2003, 06:16 PM
To answer Pauls question...the problem happens in
both vt vision and the external monitor.

On the resize option????where do I find that...in Preferences???

ANyway you have to look close to see it and it really shows up
when you are watching something with camera movement.
It is a very almost imperseptable thin tear.
THis problem does not occur when I drag from the bin. But happens consistantly when I copy from the time line and paste on the time line.

ed

edmellnik
09-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Adding to the above....instead of one line there is really two.
The first is one third down on the screen and the second is
two thirds down on the screen.
It also did it with the clips that are layed in as you digitize.
I found I had to redrag all the clips down from the bin.

Now what I do not know is if it had anything to do with just moving form T2 to T3.
These clips were digitized with t2.
I will have to digitize some new clips to see if the problem is still there.

edmellnik
09-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Well guys I just did a digitize of a new test clip and cut and pasted and the problem is not there....

There must be something different between video digitized in T2 and video digitized in t3.

So I guess that mystery is solved.

ed

deejay
09-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Ed,
The 'size' option is in the 'control tree' ..... uncheck 'size' and I'll bet the line goes away. At least it did for me in which I had digitized clips under T2 and was using them in T3.