PDA

View Full Version : Changing one to another

bracki7
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a question for You. I have a job to do, I must preparing a short film, where one pack of ciggarets change in another. I make two proposition, but client is still unhappy.

First showed a point of light which walking on the top of package, becoming increasingly lighter and finally the light fill the screen, when decreases we see new package. Second showed just a packaging, which shines more and more and light again fill the screen. When decreases we see... yes, new package. But this two proposals, like I said, not satisfied my client, so.. maybe You have some fresh idea? Some not complicated, You know, Im still beginer :)

Why this question is here? Well, I wish You had an idea and.. showed me the way to make this :) Not exacly way: "do this, and this, and after use this" but the way in general.

Thanks a lot:)

nickdigital
04-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Does the client have any suggestions? They obviously know what they don't like but if they could provide examples of what they do like or have in mind that will ultimately help you.

BeeVee
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
What about spinning the pack faster and faster and using motion blur to really conceal the image, replace the object with the new pack and slow it to a stop?

B

bracki7
04-14-2010, 02:03 PM
hehe, yes, he showed me the previus version.. but I know, on the previus version worked a profesional agency, and I know, this is beyond my capabilities for now. Moreover, he want somethink easier on the beginning, but during work on this project, his requirements grow... and my skills too, i know that:) But for sure exist simple solution..

nickdigital
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Can you share what the ad agency did? Or the idea of the commercial? What you're asking for is so vague and open ended it's hard to know which direction you're trying to go towards.

-The box could unfold and flip inside out revealing the package of the 2nd box on the inside. You would texture map the outside of the box with your first box's textures and the inside of your box with the 2nd box's textures. This would be basic keyframe animation. Wouldn't even need to use bones, just thin box shapes properly parented to each other.

-Each plane of the box could crumple and ball up, as if you were crumpling up a piece of paper. As they crumple up they reveal the 2nd box underneath. The idea is similar to a snake shedding its skin.

cagey5
04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
How about the original pack building to a fast vibration, then changing with a slight size pop, up and down again into its new design.

bracki7
04-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Thank You BeeVee, yesterday I made some proposition with rotate from slow to very fast and again to slow. When package rotate very fast, the texture is changing.. will see.. it, still counting. But I dont know, how can I use a vector motion blur...

Thank You nickdigital too, You idea is good, I will try make this today. Indeed, setup an animation should be not very complicate.

Can I share a film...? Propably not, because is a large cigarettes company, and this is their new product.. so.. You know, rather not.. sorry. Mayby on priv, if You want and can help me:)

bracki7
04-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Ech... "computer has been updated and required a system reboot".. all date was lost, I start counting again..