PDA

View Full Version : Clip of the Day 4-14

TheDeacon
04-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Since a huge chunk of my day is spent doing research for really cool stuff done in CG- I figured I'd share it with you guys, to get some discussions going... How they are made, If LightWave was used, could LightWave be used.. etc. etc.

Past, present, and a taste of the future.

Today's clip was brought to my attention by two of my good buddies- and I'm sure some of you folks have seen it.. It's pretty awesome.

http://www.elkhaircaddis.com/ElkHairCaddis.com/Movie.html

be sure to check out the making of clips, there's some neat stuff in there.

geothefaust
04-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Hey that's pretty cool. I hadn't seen it before... So thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

JMCarrigan
04-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Wuh ow! How do people come up with stories like that? I even like the way the bear's mouth was like a 2d drawing etc. Hmmm. Was Lightwave used? It certainly could have been, right?

stevmjon
04-14-2010, 08:36 PM
that's very funny. i laughed so much i could hardly watch. thanks for sharing.

stevmjon

biliousfrog
04-15-2010, 04:05 AM
I liked the style, I couldn't quite place what was 3d, 2d or real models but I also didn't want to study it too much as I thought that it might spoil the magic.

The story itself didn't excite me much, I liked it until the chase scene then I got bored of it, I felt that I'd seen it all before. It almost felt like they'd spent ages perfecting the look and developing the characters then got bored of writing the story. The two characters seem really interesting and there was so much potential for interaction between them, instead we get a chase scene which could have involved any generic characters. The poor frog with his trailer full of kids, desperate for some time alone and the bear with his fancy house excited by his day off from his swanky job...totally irrelevant and a completely wasted opportunity in my opinion.

The hook in the eye was hilarious though.

Shnoze Shmon
04-15-2010, 08:15 AM
The poor frog with his trailer full of kids, desperate for some time alone and the bear with his fancy house excited by his day off from his swanky job...totally irrelevant and a completely wasted opportunity in my opinion.

The hook in the eye was hilarious though.

I agree some here. I thought the bear seeing the frogs kid get eaten was going to cause him to go get some good bait, and then the plot would be the struggle between the frog and the bear over the "future" of the kids.

The hook through the eye made it difficult for me to watch though.