PDA

View Full Version : AE CS5, rotobrush!!!???

LazyCoder
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Is this what I think it is????

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/production/whatsnew/

Did they really just draw a small stroke over an object and have it outline the whole thing automatically?????

If so... :bowdown:

EDIT: Yea I know it missed a little bit of his collar, but STILL!

realgray
04-12-2010, 12:12 PM
It looks incredible. Hopefully roto in AE will get much easier.

OnlineRender
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
UltraKey looks more fun !

aurora
04-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Looks like A devote Fusion user coughmecough could find there way back to AE!

realgray
04-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Can't wait to find out what else is in store. Feels good to see something you actually want in an upgrade. I'm still rocking CS3

cresshead
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM
That roto brush demo clip looks amazing...

Still, i'm looking forward myself to using "Toxik" is it's going to be bundled into
3dsmax 2011 so it will be a good step up from my combustion 2.0

Adobe also appear to be on the brink of a WAR with apple...they may just pack up n leave OSX development and move the Linux and windows development.

MentalFish
04-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Adobe also appear to be on the brink of a WAR with apple...they may just pack up n leave OSX development and move the Linux and windows development.

Unlikely, as Rom pointed out to me when I said the same, Adobe might go into an iPhone/Flash war with Apple, but a massive amount of Adobe's customers are on Mac OS X, so regardless of any political turmoil, they don't have much of a choice.

shrox
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Well, I guess war machines would have a similar ability to pick you out, separate your image and follow you...

radams
04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Well, I guess war machines would have a similar ability to pick you out, separate your image and follow you...

Yeah but the ones used on RoboCop had their issues dealing with that :)

This kind of technology has been around for sometime...I'm glad to see it now being implemented...now if they would also setup b-splines nodes and dual edges for varialbe feather controls...so the user can make manual adjustments if needed...then I'll be very interested...even if it will be to prep materials to use in Fusion or Nuke...maybe those compositors will add something like this in the future...

I still want my desktop flame/production paint,animate, FX system :(

Someday...maybe someday...

Cheers,

radams
04-12-2010, 10:25 PM
The War of the A's will be going on the next couple of years for who will control the playback/delivery/development platform/systems.

Flash vs. HTML 5

Adobe vs Apple (and the open source world).

Who will win...check back in 2012 ;)

Cheers,

LazyCoder
04-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Well I'm shocked it's not iSomething... Seems whenever Apple puts an "i" in front of something, no matter how awful the product is, suddenly it's just nerdgasmly awesome... :mad: I've lost count of how many times I've had to inform people that no... iMovie is NOT a professional video editing package, or no... iDVD doesn't actually burn movies to DVDs, its actually designed to drive people to apocalyptic fits of rage.

I hope Adobe wins.

radams
04-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Well I'm shocked it's not iSomething... Seems whenever Apple puts an "i" in front of something, no matter how awful the product is, suddenly it's just nerdgasmly awesome... :mad: I've lost count of how many times I've had to inform people that no... iMovie is NOT a professional video editing package, or no... iDVD doesn't actually burn movies to DVDs, its actually designed to drive people to apocalyptic fits of rage.

I hope Adobe wins.

Actually for me...(Even though I'm not an Apple Fan)...I am a fan of open standards and open source.

So I hope that HTML 5 can be fully developed and supported...to stay open.
then I won't be locked into only Flash...they should be able to work on the same platforms IMHO....

Cheers,

shrox
04-12-2010, 10:40 PM
It does look incredible easy, I assume that against an even background it would work very well.

radams
04-12-2010, 10:43 PM
It does look incredible easy, I assume that against an even background it would work very well.

On one demo...they had a group of three people out in pine forest...then rotoed them...into a desert rock scene...so this also seems to work with an uneven background....thou I would like to see how this deals with other elements in motion or motion blur on the main element being roto'd.

Cheers,

Ernest
04-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Looks like A devote Fusion user coughmecough could find there way back to AE!

That has indeed become a crazy choice now. The CS5 production bundle is about 1400 and the upgrade from DFX+ (which no longer works in Windows 7 64) to Fusion 6 is about 1400. Don't even know how to start choosing between those two.

cresshead
04-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Unlikely, as Rom pointed out to me when I said the same, Adobe might go into an iPhone/Flash war with Apple, but a massive amount of Adobe's customers are on Mac OS X, so regardless of any political turmoil, they don't have much of a choice.

the phone business is much larger than the content creation business...adobe will want to win that just like they did with the internet business and flash video...i defo CAN see adobe dropping OSX..they did it before with premiere for a few years so it's not like they haven't done it ever...just not wholesale..if it's part drop then i;d guess they's drop dreamweaver, flash..but they just might drop indesign,ae as well.... the prospect of photoshop being dropped is a huge one though!

Adobe want part of the pie in the phone business..if android ever get's it's act together then adobe may just pull the plug on osx until then it's a tug of war and threats to move out of the 'home' of apple...

gerry_g
04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Android = Google/Chrome = support for HTML5 so don't think so, it's clear all the major OS's want this turf back they were caught napping by Adobe but not anymore, too much cash at stake. If they have to support an open standard to get there I think thats the pill they'll swallow however hard it is get down.

Skonk
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Apple have just made a change to the terms for putting apps in the app store, which basically states any app that uses third party tools in the creation process will NOT be allowed on the app store.

This is a direct assault on Adobe with Flash CS5's ability to output iPhone/iPod binaries (which was awesome for any flash game developer) since with this new change, these apps wont be allowed on the app store.

Seems pretty clear that the change was aimed directly at stopping these Flash apps and a huge poke in the eye for Adobe.

radams
04-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Apple have just made a change to the terms for putting apps in the app store, which basically states any app that uses third party tools in the creation process will NOT be allowed on the app store.

This is a direct assault on Adobe with Flash CS5's ability to output iPhone/iPod binaries (which was awesome for any flash game developer) since with this new change, these apps wont be allowed on the app store.

Seems pretty clear that the change was aimed directly at stopping these Flash apps and a huge poke in the eye for Adobe.

Can you hear Lawsuite?...with many lawyers getting rich :)

Cheers,

Samus
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Really a nice first taste at CS5...There communication over Cs5 is amazing, Newtek should have the same approach for 9.6.1 , LwHC & CORE.

;)

MentalFish
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Really a nice first taste at CS5...There communication over Cs5 is amazing, Newtek should have the same approach for 9.6.1 , LwHC & CORE.

;)

My suggestion is that they drop the trinity of LW, LWHC & CORE, and just go for LightWave X.X and CORE X.X.

Next release of LightWave is 9.6.1

After that its LightWave 10.0 & CORE 1.0, LightWave 10.3 & CORE 1.5
and keep them bundled until the day CORE replaces classic LW, then its only one product: LightWave CORE 5.0

Similar to how Adobe went from Photoshop 7.0, 8.0 to be Photoshop CS, CS2 and now CS5

Keep it simple

Oh, and yes, I must agree, CS5 is tempting like heck, mouse cursor is hovering over the buy button...

MentalFish
04-13-2010, 06:31 PM
the phone business is much larger than the content creation business...adobe will want to win that just like they did with the internet business and flash video...i defo CAN see adobe dropping OSX..they did it before with premiere for a few years so it's not like they haven't done it ever...just not wholesale..if it's part drop then i;d guess they's drop dreamweaver, flash..but they just might drop indesign,ae as well.... the prospect of photoshop being dropped is a huge one though!

Adobe want part of the pie in the phone business..if android ever get's it's act together then adobe may just pull the plug on osx until then it's a tug of war and threats to move out of the 'home' of apple...

The existing customer base for Adobe is within content creation and high amount is "artsy fartsy" designers that use Mac because they have been told by their peers that Mac is the thing to have. So they go out and buy an iMac as a workstation and CS Design Premium.

There is no reason for Adobe to cut off that massive revenue stream over an issue of their technology not being allowed on iPhones. If they gain a foothold in the Android market, good for them, but that does not give them a reason to pull the plug of another massive source of income. If they start loosing money on the Mac OS X market, then sure, pull the plug. Its just business, and money talks.

JMCarrigan
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM

;)

That reminds me - especially now that PsCS5 has been revealed. I beta tested and entered the Painting portion of a contest and was actually one of eight winners in various categories.

They are encouraging us to share images etc. And now we may discuss anything. So here's my winning entry:

And yer right Samus.