PDA

View Full Version : ParticleFX, emitters, save PFX motions on multiple objects

metallo
04-09-2010, 09:48 AM
i have a scene with >100 individual null objects that each has an emitter applied. this scene takes forever to calculate (75,000 frames) so i obviously go through and save the PFX files for those objects....however that takes forever.

is there an LScript or another trick i could use to save all the particle motions for EACH object? from my understanding, in the file tab of the FX_Emitter properties, the "save all selected motions" would just combine multiple emitters from a single object into a single PFX file, it wouldn't save for multiple objects.

i've considered writing the PFX file directly with the utility i'm using to create the scene file, but that seems a bit of a monumental task.

thanks

joelaff
04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Doesn't the Save all selected motions button do what you want? It should save each one to its own file. Or at least that was how it worked last I tried it.

metallo
04-09-2010, 09:52 PM
it doesn't save individual files for each emitter, it writes all particles (from every null you have highlighted in the scene editor) into one single file. effectively what you have to do is then turn off the emitter on each of the 100 or so null objects and create a new null object with emitter, then "load motion".

if you go that route, you have the problem that all particles now would have to have the same hypervoxels applied, because they are all one single emitter.

i might actually do it this way, because i could cut my 100 down to maybe 10 by grouping them. yet another issue is that i loose the ability to turn on/off individuals.

evolross
04-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I have a similar question for sequencing a motion scan (through ClothFX) on multiple objects using some kind of script. I have twenty objects that need their motion baked after I tweak and it's a really slow workflow to save each one manually.