PDA

View Full Version : Free LW trees and landscaping??

webnel
09-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Dose anybody know where to find modeled and textured LW trees and/or any landscaping items? Some people offer this type of thing free on there personal sites, but I don't know of any yet.

Thanks

Maxx
09-10-2003, 10:15 AM
If you're looking for close-up quality trees, I'd suggest hitting Flay and looking for "Tree Cage". This does trees, but no leaves. For the foliage (plants and stuff - if that's not what you're referring to by foliage, excuse my ignorance...) check out Plant Studio - run a google search. great plant creation soft that exports the meshes. And it's free!

:edit: You should be able to find plenty of bark textures on the web, and I think Tree Cage supports UV's for texturing.

webnel
09-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Tree Cage looks like it'll be a great tool once I get a handle of it. Plant Studio is easy to use and quickly makes plants for LW. Very cool stuff! Thanks!

Any other tips are still welcome.

gjjackson
09-11-2003, 06:27 AM
I've used Eki's Plug/Modpak which includes a TreeGen that works quite well. The only drawback is you can't save the settings. When I used TreeCage it did do leaves. I quit using it when it wouldn't work with 7.5c. As far as landscapes WorldBuilder had a free offer in some magazine. I haven't gotten into it much yet.

webnel
09-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Strange - I just installed the TreeCage 7.5b plug-in and then installed LW 7.5c patch and TreeCage is working fine for me.

gjjackson
09-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot. At the time the 7.5b version of TreeCage wasn't available. Because of that I didn't install the 7.5c patch. I guess I'll have to go ahead and install it now. I just assumed that I would need a 7.5c update.

One thing I do remember is that TreeCage was giving some problems. I eventually found that some setting were stored in the registry. I deleted the TreeCage entry and it started working again. When it starts it loads some preset configuration. If it closes irratically this problem may occur.