PDA

View Full Version : Audio driven animation

StereoMike
04-06-2010, 07:41 AM
I want to use an audio file to drive the angle of a chin bone for some quick lipsyncing.
I had seen William's video on animating a muzzle with it, so I thought the channel modifier should be my thing.

But:
Since it's an audiowave, the mouth not just opens, when audio plays, it jumps open and close all the time. Is there a way to use the volume of the audiofile?
Since I could drive that bone also with an animated clip blinking white when volume gets loud, I tried that.
I applied the audio clip to the luminosity channel of a plane and used motion blur to ease out the wave-up-and-down stuff. But that leaves just a grey goo, the result is not based on volume (read:useless).

Thanks,
mike

philippe
04-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Not answer to your question but have you looked at http://www.lostmarble.com/papagayo/index.shtml ? maybe it's usefull...

edit: em coworker account.. sorry philippe... / walfridson

StereoMike
04-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Not yet, but I'm dl'ing it. I hope it lets me export something I can use in lw...? Thanks Walfridson

walfridson
04-06-2010, 08:00 AM
np. Mike Green made a lw importer

StereoMike
04-06-2010, 08:12 AM
The dat file has the frame numbers and the mouths for each frame. Each mouth is carried to the next frame.

Example:

MohoSwitch1
1 rest
2 rest
3 etc
6 O
8 etc
11 E
13 rest
13 rest
14 FV
17 O
19 etc

That makes me think, the animation looks very digital (binary, I/O) afterwards? What about transistions between morphs?