PDA

View Full Version : Moving Animations

mwalker29
04-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I have been looking for a good package of animated graphic backgrounds for the tricaster.

So far I have seen things from digital juice as well as from motion loops.

Does anyone have any good experience with either of these, or any other package they have used?

I am using these for Tutoring videos.

Thank you

mwalker29
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Anybody?

ted
04-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Sorry, been busy. :hey:
We have a kazillion Digital Juice products. They're awesome. Artbeats has a lot to offer too, along with a few others. I hope I'm not leaving out anyone I should remember. :devil:

I'll be checking out some of the newer ones at NAB. I'll let you know if I see any cool new stuff.

jmmultex
04-08-2010, 03:26 AM
I know there are a couple of animated background providers around but we've tended to work with Digital Juice products most of the time. They are high quality and really flexible and I'd have no problem recommending them.

-john

mwalker29
04-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Which digital juice product would you recommend. I do not know which to buy because I can not see inside the packages to see what the included animations look like.

jmmultex
04-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Digital Juice used to sell HD moving backgrounds, but for some reason they dropped them about a year ago. They now sell Editor Themekits and Editor Toolkit Pro Singles. They have a page for each of them that includes thumbnails of all of the animations, and a video showing them off in sequence. They also may have some videos on the site showing the toolkits off in actual use situations.

Here is a link to one example: http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/products.asp?pid=1037 , but all of them have something similar. They also have a downloadable utility called the JUICER that contains previews of all of their products.

When it comes to backgrounds, it's hard to recommend something for someone else. I have a very broad selection of animations from DJ that I've collected over many years. I usually bought them for specific projects, then pull them out again when they seem to fit something else I may be doing. There really isn't one 'go to' set I use all the time.

Hope you can find something that works for you. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Best,
-john

Quiet1onTheSet
04-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Which digital juice product would you recommend. I do not know which to buy because I can not see inside the packages to see what the included animations look like.

Search thru the samples on their web site, MW...

Q1

Dexter2999
04-08-2010, 11:05 AM

They have thumbnail Quicktime previews of everything. Look a little harder.

luis.ayuso
05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
but you can't overlay text ontop of the ddr overlay. I still want the flexibility of changing names on the fly with editing text.. but also have animated lower thirds.

SBowie
05-07-2010, 10:40 AM
You can with the TCXD models, which have two independent Overlay channels.

luis.ayuso
05-07-2010, 12:25 PM
really? wow, unfortunatly i can't convince my church to pay for ANOTHER tricaster. especially when we could barely afford the first broadcast. but yes they finally made a step forward.. awesome.. now. can i get this feature PLEASE on the broadcast.

luis.ayuso
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
also, can we get PSD support? moving layers from a single PSD file, or atleast have a mask mode, so that when i want to wipe a mask across to show or hide something, instead of actually MOVING the object. the motion effects on the text edit just disappoint me to no end.

joseburgos
05-07-2010, 08:32 PM
but you can't overlay text ontop of the ddr overlay. I still want the flexibility of changing names on the fly with editing text.. but also have animated lower thirds.

Have you tried using Edit Media? You can bring in PSD files as well as use the Title Page effect to design a animated lower third and render it off with alpha channel ready to use in the DDR as an overlay. You can save the project and load later to create a new title by just editing the text and leaving the animation. Or you can drag the clip from the time line into a folder to create an icon to just drag into any project and make a template.
When you render, use TriCaster Overlay (avi with alpha) preset.
Now just like Edit Text, pre-make all your animated titles and render them. Then go to Live Production and load them up in the DDR ready to cue up in the overlay :)

Take care,

joseburgos
05-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Now this does not allow you to edit the text on the fly like a title template and if that is something you need, you could consider purchasing SpeedEdit and running it on a laptop. You then just need to share a folder on the TriCaster and use SpeedEdit as a animation station. It works the same way as Edit Media but with a lot more features. As fast as the networked laptop can render off the animation (should render very quickly by the way), it would be ready to load and use in the TriCaster's DDR.

luis.ayuso
07-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Just like how the camera ISO can be setup depending on need, and inputs on the broadcast.

I wish there was a setting that would take away a DDR channel to give me a second overlay like the TCXD models. So that editing the text that plays on the fly would work for people like me that don't even USE the DDR's.

coders? maybe... maybe?!?!

anyways, Im hoping that version 3.0 for the lower end tricasters might bring some extra features that bring functionality from the larger models, Even if I have to give up some things like a second DDR.

SBowie
07-10-2010, 11:49 AM
anyways, Im hoping that version 3.0 for the lower end tricasters might bring some extra features that bring functionality from the larger modelsCan I suggest you put a couple of your wish-list items in the Feature Requests forum, Luis? (They are more likely to be noticed there.) Thanks!

luis.ayuso
07-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Can I suggest you put a couple of your wish-list items in the Feature Requests forum, Luis? (They are more likely to be noticed there.) Thanks!

will do, though i think only one is really a new idea.

psievers
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
On the topic of using the DJ products... do I need another program to add text to their lower thirds, or will Edit Media do that on the TC Studio?