PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster Crashes

Gaer42
04-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Hello,

We have recently updated our Tricaster XD300 and now we are having issues and I am wondering if anyone else is having these problems and if you have found a work around.

We stream and record our show for 3 hours a day in which we use 2 camera feeds, the DDR and some stills. Not a very intensive show. We then take the recorded show and stream it for the next 20 hours.

Before we use the Tricaster we shut it down and go dark for approx 5 min before restarting and continuing with our live show.

For the last 3 days of shows the tricaster all of a sudden shuts itself down and goes to the main menu. We then shut the system down again and start it up... It usually happens again with in an hour or so of us going live.

We are at wits end here as our income depends on our live broadcast and we have been losing viewers because of the faulty software.... Does anyone know of a way to fix this or a way around this?

Zane Condren
04-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Install Update 1 Rev B from the registration site. Details here http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107945.

Gaer42
04-05-2010, 04:17 PM
We actually did that Thursday and we are still having this issue... Infact we are having issues with video that we recorded in the tricaster as well....

We are live only monday through friday (which I should have specified) so we started having the issues on Wednesday last week. Updated Wednesday... had the same problems (it was the beta version of the update which was not specified) Updated on Thursday to the new patch and we are still having problems.

ACross
04-05-2010, 04:49 PM
We actually did that Thursday and we are still having this issue... Infact we are having issues with video that we recorded in the tricaster as well....

We are live only monday through friday (which I should have specified) so we started having the issues on Wednesday last week. Updated Wednesday... had the same problems (it was the beta version of the update which was not specified) Updated on Thursday to the new patch and we are still having problems.

Gaer42,

Can you drop me an email ([email protected])and we can try to work out what is going on.

Andrew

T3chnic133
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
We had a similar probelm with one our live events when we clicked on a lower 3rd anme key. We noticed that the restart continually happened when we selected the same name key. So what we did was stop using them durign the live show.

When we got back to the shop we noticed that the text box with the problem lower 3rd name key had a bunch of extra blank spaces. After removing the spaces everything was happy again.

SBowie
04-26-2010, 12:28 PM
When we got back to the shop we noticed that the text box with the problem lower 3rd name key had a bunch of extra blank spaces. After removing the spaces everything was happy again.Sounds like a bug - it would be great if you could see if you can repeat the problem reliably, and report the details (like system, software versions, if it was just a certain title template, etc.)