PDA

View Full Version : new site

skarab
02-08-2003, 04:50 PM
hi guys

I just thought I'd notify you of a new website that a friend and I are launching in about a weeks time. the site called animators online, I guess it will focus mostly on animation in both cg and traditional forms, but image creation with also be supported. Being a lightwaver my self, I'd really like to see some of you guys over there so that the site doesn't become totally max dominated.

We have a large server with unlimited downloads and hopefully going to get a few sponsorship deals (only small to start with) we'll have competitions etc.
We also have a points system in place (a little similar to luxology's, but going a step further) people will gain points by posting up models, images and participating in the forums. We will hopefully be getting a prize for the top user for each month, the users status will also be relational to their points. I hope this system will encourage people to share a lot of their stuff and reward them for doing so.

We also want the site to be very interactive in the way people will be able to post up news stories etc. and also allow people to give suggestions on different features to add to the site.

To make the site a good resource for modellers and animators, we would really love to be able to get some exclusive tutorials in both html and video format. So if anyone wishes to contribute, please let me know, I could link to your site and have interviews or feature articles on you for a bit of publicity.

We would also really love to be able to get some exclusive gallery images and animations. We can offer free hosting on a fast reliable server and again, I could link to your site and provide a bit of publicity.

if you have anything to offer please email me at [email protected]

and don't forget to visit the site next week when it launches, I'll give a precise date when it gets closer

www.animators-online.com

thanks very much for your attention

ohyde

skarab
02-08-2003, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone, well the new site is up. It's pretty much fully functional, just a few very small bugs to iron out and it's done. I encourage everyone to go check it out and become a member. Oh and don't forget to check out our online store and help support the site, we'll be adding lots of new designs in the future.

thanks
ohyde

Lewis
02-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Looks vey nice skarab, i like color scheme :).

Skonk
02-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Sounds like a good idea, site looks nice too :)

James..

Joril
02-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks, very cool.
*Bookmark*

Elmar Moelzer
02-08-2003, 09:51 PM
Very nice!
I will keep an eye on your site!
Yo have just earned yourself another bookmark
:)
CU
Elmar

riki
02-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi skarab the site looks great, you've done heaps of work. I guess the big challenge now is marketing. I hope it kicks off, will keep checking back.

Memz
02-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Looking pretty nice. I like the colors and the design.

bobakabob
02-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Wow... there's a lot of hard work there... great to have another resource. There look to be some cool animations to download. :)

skarab
02-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Thanks a alot for all the encouraging replies. I hope that you will all become members of the site, I must admit the forums are a little dead looking at the moment. I guess this is what you might expect from a new site. It would be really great to see a lot of lightwavers come down and add to the discussions.

hope to see you there

skarab

ShawnStovall
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Why is this site down?

Meaty
05-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I am getting a parked page...

ShawnStovall
05-11-2006, 07:00 PM
I got one of the search engines that come up when you type in a wrong, or broken, address.

hrgiger
05-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes, I am getting one of those pages that you get when a site doesn't exist. A search engine with lots of links for travel, real estate, jobs, etc... and a pop up ad to boot. In other words, a site I don't want to visit. Is this the actual page or is it down right now? It says it's animators online but I don't see anything useful on there.

riki
05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Is it meant to be in chinese?

skarab
05-12-2006, 08:18 PM
wow, that was a few years ago, I just got a message in my inbox about a reply to this thread.
I kind of left that thing a while ago, I believe that Benjamin, the guy who did most of the technical stuff behind that site ended up merging with some max site which I cannot recall the name, he being a big max user and all...

ShawnStovall
05-12-2006, 09:08 PM
What was the website about?

Meaty
05-13-2006, 12:30 PM
wow, that was a few years ago, I just got a message in my inbox about a reply to this thread.
I kind of left that thing a while ago, I believe that Benjamin, the guy who did most of the technical stuff behind that site ended up merging with some max site which I cannot recall the name, he being a big max user and all...
oh hah! I didn't even notice the date on the thread... nevermind mate.:D

skarab
05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
it was just an animation site, we had news and interviews with animators, free downloads(rigs etc). it was difficult to get much exposure though, probably because it didn't do a lot new. I think we had a points system for people who uploaded assets, but pretty run of the mill besides that.