PDA

View Full Version : Live Drifting Event this weekend!

yopartstom
04-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi All,

I have been lurking for the past week or so.. and really dig the community here. I have learned a ton.. thanks so much!

We have signed on w/ www.FormulaD.com to cover all of their events for 2010.. We are piggy-backing off there existing production infrastructure for there Versus tv show.. so we are literally just plugging in and using TC from here http://tsc-video.com/rentalstricaster.htm .. We have 3 DSL hard-lines that will be dedicated two for upload for main stream one for mobile stream and one for operation/download computers.

I have attached a schematic of our configuration and would love any feedback out there..

I am a little concerned w/ the upspeed BW that we will have which will be around 768kps..

We are also using Livestream.com has our CDN .. we are using there Premium Version..

What are some things that I should be thinking about before hand..

We are using 3 Panasonic VERICAMS AG-HPX300 CAMERAS as well as a mobile system that is incorporating Livestream's LivePack for on the spot interviews etc..

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4493701726_cd9d339fb3_o.jpg

rally1
04-05-2010, 05:57 PM
How would you cut the livestream mobile unit footage into the live show?

yopartstom
04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
How would you cut the livestream mobile unit footage into the live show?

That is going to get controlled via the Livestream studio..

pdxJoe
04-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Let us know how the hard cuts work out in the livestream studio. (between the versus feed and the livepack).

Last time I studied that functionality it was a bit rough. The end viewer would see a brief pause in the feed while it was switching between stream sources. Also, If I recall correctly, there were times that you could not switch because the audience "was not in sync".

Joe

Brian Mirrlees
04-06-2010, 01:38 AM
What role are the netbook computers going to play? Are they simply for remote administration, or are you planning on using them to pass the stream? I wasn't aware of a netbook PC that had the muscle to handle live video/audio... what are you using?

yopartstom
04-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Let us know how the hard cuts work out in the livestream studio. (between the versus feed and the livepack).

Last time I studied that functionality it was a bit rough. The end viewer would see a brief pause in the feed while it was switching between stream sources. Also, If I recall correctly, there were times that you could not switch because the audience "was not in sync".

Joe

Yeah we are going to have to juggle those transitions in terms of setting them up w/ our announcer in the booth..

There are two ways to cue the livepack to play thru livestream either we can manually cue it or we can set it to automatic stream. So when he goes live the channel goes to live.. we will play around and test things on thurs to get the best way to make that transition

What role are the netbook computers going to play? Are they simply for remote administration, or are you planning on using them to pass the stream? I wasn't aware of a netbook PC that had the muscle to handle live video/audio... what are you using?

Netbooks will be for auxiliary role chat / admin area in livestream

yopartstom
04-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Btw.. here is the link to the player implementation http://cdn.livestream.com/events/formulad/index.html

yopartstom
04-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Having issues connecting Procaster Broadcaster to Livestream.com.. any tips..

yopartstom
04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
BIG PROPS to rally1 .. he was a lifesaver this weekend!.. incredible guy we could not have made this event happen w/ out him!!

Our event went really well.. about 30k unique viewers for the weekend and another 25k since.. we are at 2million viewer minutes as well..

Our Livepack via Livestream had some major issues as well :( .. but we made things work..

http://www.livestream.com/formulad

pdxJoe
04-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Congrats on a successful event and start of your tour.

Do you mind sharing what the challenges were with the livepack? I've looked the product over at trade shows but have not had one out in the field.

Joe

yopartstom
04-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Congrats on a successful event and start of your tour.

Do you mind sharing what the challenges were with the livepack? I've looked the product over at trade shows but have not had one out in the field.

Joe

Hey Joe.. the problem wasn't necessarily w/ the Livepack but it's integration w/ the Livestream servers / studio.. something went wrong on that end.. still not sure whats the deal..

I would recommend contacting LiveU directly instead of this sublease option..

pdxJoe
04-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks!

yopartstom
04-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Be Careful w/ livestream w/ overage's for BW.. I got railed for this event.. the last event we used them and got a 5000gb cap and didn't come close this time it was on a hourly usage and we went WAY over..