PDA

View Full Version : Speed Edit 2.0

cvctv
04-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Just installed Speed edit 2.0 with some difficulty for us non tekies. Not sure what Microsoft C++ is and during installation it asked me If I wanted to delete or rewrite it so I hit OK re-write. Then while installing the content disk for every item on the disk I had to select either retry, ignore, or abort before it would install. I must have hit retry 200-300 times. have no idea if everything on the content disked installed or not.
Was also a little disapointed to see that after, whaty 4-5 years, no new templates and maybe one dozen new fonts.
My biggest gripe is that there are still no pre made animated text transitions. It takes me forever to key frame 50 60 frames to animate a cool rolling text onto the screen. Even the cheapest $50.00 NLE have text transitions.

Shawn Farrell
04-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Personally, I have never installed the content or DVE's and no, SpeedEDIT does not have all the bells and whistles of the other NLE's out there.

I believe at it's heart SpeedEDIT is the most regal of all editors highlighting the tools you need to edit like a film editor. Cuts, fades, dissolves, keying, positioning, scaling and audio tools are all quickly within reach, easily adjustable and high quality (not to mention FAST).

The limitations of SpeedEDIT in my opinion are guidelines for timeless editing techniques. The more unneeded bells and whistles packed into and interface the less usable it becomes (just look at FCP and Premiere).:goodluck: