PDA

View Full Version : Graph Editor Shortcuts PLEASEEEEEeeee

I3D
09-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Hi Newtek :D

Can you add buttons in the Graph Editor for channel selection. Let's say I want to edit the Heading for a 1000000 object :D (ok maybe 56) and I select all these objects in the viewport because it's easier or the scene editor (yes I'm crazy) when I open the graph editor I'll have all the channels listed. IF I had selection button Like those found in the Creat Key command (exactly like them) I can choose to display only the Rotation curves or I can choose the heading channel and the rest will be out of the bin. This saves time considerably and it's much faster to setup favorites afterwords.

Please Newtek add this feature in the nearest upgrade 7.5d??? I'm going nuts and wasting allot of time just setting the initial favorite or modifing function curves all the time.

Thanks in advance

I3D

Mylenium
09-10-2003, 05:22 AM
I'd agree on that and to make things even more comfortable there should finally be a wy to save selection sets in the scene file. It cannot be that difficult to have such a thing and make it accesible to all editors (graph, spreadsheet, scene).

Mylenium

DaveW
09-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by I3D
IF I had selection button Like those found in the Creat Key command (exactly like them) I can choose to display only the Rotation curves or I can choose the heading channel and the rest will be out of the bin.

You can already do this. There are magic buttons all along the top of the graph editor. When you click the magic buttons, magic menus appear! The magic manual has a whole section devoted to this, and so does the html help file. !, @, and # will show only position, rotation, and scale. To show just the heading, you can press w to bring up the filter dialog, and *.H will show only heading. You can change those shortcuts from Layout->Interface->edit shortcuts. I wouldn't complain if NewTek made a better filter system, as right now it can take 2 or 3 filter passes to get just the channels you want, but it gets the job done.

Mylenium: Graph editor favorite sets *are* stored in the scene file. Why they're not accessible to the scene editor is a mystery though.

EDIT: Actually, it's not a mystery anymore...I thought you could select channels in the scene editor when using LW's pitiful quasi-dopesheet, but you can't. Still, if an item's channel is in a graph editor favorite, the scene editor could just select the item. Of course, some people would want a customizable threshold, so if say less than 3 channels are in the favorite set, the scene editor won't select the item.

I3D
09-15-2003, 07:41 AM
Thanks allot man

You just saved my life, in fact you doubled my speed 1000x times. I should pay attention more to menu items.

Thanks any way man. and thanks Newtek. now can you make buttons, or better yetr make the filter menu available att the time.

Cheers

I3D