PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Lightwave 9.6 License - But core is nowhere to be found

kahalany
04-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Dear Friends.

Yeah, I know. It feels redundant, but I've searched through the forums and saw this recurring problem over and over again. I thought it was resolved but now am seeing myself facing the same problem.
I've just bought a brand new Lightwave 3D v9.6 license through my local european reseller and registered it via Newtek.com website (register.newtek.com).
However, there is no trace of core in the product registration drop down menu and neither a core forum at the discussion board using my log in data. Nothing. I know, or at least i thought this process should be automated. I wrote both Newtek USA and Newtek Europe with instructions to getting my hardcore membership up and running. I haven't gotten any reply yet, and saw others facing the "no response" issue for weeks.

Needless to say how annoying this situation is. As a brand new licensed user I feel simply disrespected and left in the dark.

Royie

Kuzey
04-01-2010, 06:20 AM
There always seems to be problems with emails getting through to Newtek...maybe they should move their customer service to the forums instead.

Having said that, it usually takes a few days to get a response. Otherwise, someone from Newtek will see this post and I'm sure they'll fix it up soon.

Kuzey

djlithium
04-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Dear Friends.

Yeah, I know. It feels redundant, but I've searched through the forums and saw this recurring problem over and over again. I thought it was resolved but now am seeing myself facing the same problem.
I've just bought a brand new Lightwave 3D v9.6 license through my local european reseller and registered it via Newtek.com website (register.newtek.com).
However, there is no trace of core in the product registration drop down menu and neither a core forum at the discussion board using my log in data. Nothing. I know, or at least i thought this process should be automated. I wrote both Newtek USA and Newtek Europe with instructions to getting my hardcore membership up and running. I haven't gotten any reply yet, and saw others facing the "no response" issue for weeks.

Needless to say how annoying this situation is. As a brand new licensed user I feel simply disrespected and left in the dark.

Royie

Just imagine how us long time users feel? It sucks either way but keep hammering them. They need to replace the entire registration system. It's always been bollocks.

kahalany
04-01-2010, 07:43 AM
I hear you, DJ. I'm taking your advice and get on with the hammering. I guess Newtek is working in mysterious ways. It's always amazing to me to witness so many users encounter the SAME problem OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Kuzey, thanks. But I'm in an urgent need for Core's instancing for a current project so a few days might be a problem. Still hoping for the best, though.

Thank you,

Royie

Kuzey
04-01-2010, 08:26 AM
In that case, PM Chuck or one of the other Newtek staff and see if they can speed things up.

Good luck!!

Kuzey

rhortman
04-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi Royie!!

Thanks for being a new LightWave customer!! Sorry about the confusion with your CORE membership. Your CORE membership is currently auto-generated via a different query from your LW9 registration. When the query ran today it picked up your new LW9 registration information from yesterday and then generated your CORE membership number into your account. At some point we'll get this real time - so there won't be a delay.. but currently each product has a separate process right now. I'll talk to LightWave Marketing and see if we can explain this process delay better in the future - till we've merged the registration process for both products.

Sorry again for the delay.

- Ricky

inquisitive
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I have not sent a tech support email in ages, so not sure if its just a straight email process, if so.. then the suggestion is for you guys to implement a CRM and/or troubleticket system, client sends email.. auto-generated reply with ticket number is sent back to client.. and go from there.

kahalany
04-03-2010, 01:59 PM
It took a couple of days, but I finally managed to get into the core thingy. Sadly enough i couldn't find what i was looking for in Core, and so am back to square one.

Hoping for the best, though.

Thanks for your support, guys.

Royie

OnlineRender
04-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Sadly enough i couldn't find what i was looking for in Core.

*chuckle*

Are you looking for Core build to download or information on how to work it ?

*END CHUCKLE*