PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.6 and PoserPro

frank1024
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Anybody know how to bring animated PoserPro character models into LW9.6?

CROUTON213
03-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes, I have done it before...back in 2003...but now, with Poser Pro 2010 YOU AND I(ME) have to wait until Lightwave CORE comes out. I don't know why.

Try using the firefly renderer in Poser Pro as your renderer and then composit in Adobe After Effects...if you are really an artist, you'll find a way!
-QB WHITE

frank1024
03-29-2010, 10:31 PM
That's unfortunate. LW has many great features, but when it comes to character animation it sucks. In poser when I want to make a character walk I just goto the Walk Designer and walla my character is walking. So simple and fast. LW no way. At least not on Macs.

I've read that there is a plug in from Kurv studios

http://www.kurvstudios.com/software/lightwave3d.php

that allows Poser animated characters to be imported into LW, but its only for Windows. Grrrr!

aperezg
03-30-2010, 06:44 AM
I agree.
In mac is a bit more difficult that Windows:stumped:

3dworks
03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Yes, I have done it before...back in 2003...but now, with Poser Pro 2010 YOU AND I(ME) have to wait until Lightwave CORE comes out. I don't know why.

Try using the firefly renderer in Poser Pro as your renderer and then composit in Adobe After Effects...if you are really an artist, you'll find a way!
-QB WHITE

yep did see that, i was completely puzzled by that decision?! apparently poser pro plugin developers are very far from LW reality... imo it's a good move to write a mail to them to explain that LW 9.6.x is and will be the production reality for quite some more time to come.

cheers

markus

Matelot13
04-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I bought PoserPro when it came out, and it came with PoserFusion, that lets you import Poser scenes (pz3) - with the animation - directly into Layout.

Eric Walters
04-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi

Which version do you have? PoserPro (v7) has a DOWNLOADABLE Poser Fusion Plug in from Smith Micro. It evidently was not ready when they shipped PoserPro. It works reasonably well. You install the Plug in and open the PZ3- an LWS and LWO folder are created.

Note: I got PPro2010 about a week after PPro. I am pleased to say that I am able to modify the pose in PoserPro2010 and update it in LW-using the installed Poser Fusion from PoserPro.

PoserPro 2010: Originally planned to wait for Core- but I heard yesterday from someone at SmithMicro that they decided to create a LW 9.6 version after all- expected in around 6 weeks.

frank1024
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
None of the replies here really explain how to load these Poser files into LW. Unfortunately LW just is not a good character animation program. At least on the Mac its not. There are other programs out there that make character animation so easy. Poser is one of them, but it has a slow renderer. LW is great for so many things. Rendering is one of those things. For me its a real stumbling block that I can't figure out how to integrate Poser and LW.

Sekhar
04-13-2010, 03:08 PM
None of the replies here really explain how to load these Poser files into LW. Unfortunately LW just is not a good character animation program. At least on the Mac its not. There are other programs out there that make character animation so easy. Poser is one of them, but it has a slow renderer. LW is great for so many things. Rendering is one of those things. For me its a real stumbling block that I can't figure out how to integrate Poser and LW.

Animate in Poser Pro and open the PZ3 file in Layout. Done.

frank1024
04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
After spending most of the day figuring out how to load my walking Poser figure into LW it worked. But this is way to much. This process needs to be easy and simple. Thats the way it is in Poser and some other 3d programs I have like iClone. Now that I have figured it out I'll stick with LW.

Don't get me wrong. Every time I use LW I marvel at its abilities. Its a very deep and capable program. I own two licensed versions of it, but it ain't easy. I wish Newtek would combine the simple and easy features from Poser and iClone into character animation for LW. Having to rig characters with bones, weights and God knows what is just to much. Now since I've learned to bring my fully animated character from poser into LW I won't have to bother going through all this rigamarole in LW.

Thanks for all of your help. One of the reasons I bought LW almost ten years ago was because of this forum. Its very supportive even if I can't always find the answer I'm looking for. Thankyou.

frank1024
05-26-2010, 09:42 PM
This Forum is great! One of the reasons I bought Lightwave was because of this Forum. You can see some of my Poser to LW work here:

http://www.youtube.com/AVU4U

If it wasn't for this Forum I don't think I could have done what I did.

daforum
05-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi

Which version do you have? PoserPro (v7) has a DOWNLOADABLE Poser Fusion Plug in from Smith Micro. It evidently was not ready when they shipped PoserPro. It works reasonably well. You install the Plug in and open the PZ3- an LWS and LWO folder are created.

Note: I got PPro2010 about a week after PPro. I am pleased to say that I am able to modify the pose in PoserPro2010 and update it in LW-using the installed Poser Fusion from PoserPro.

PoserPro 2010: Originally planned to wait for Core- but I heard yesterday from someone at SmithMicro that they decided to create a LW 9.6 version after all- expected in around 6 weeks.

Does the Poser Fusion Plug in from Smith Micro work with Poser 7?

daforum
05-28-2010, 07:54 AM
I don't have PoserPro (v7) just Poser 7. Was wondering if the LightWave plugin worked with that.

lwanmtr
05-29-2010, 03:35 PM
PLK from Kurv is a very nice little plugin..unfortunately, they are reluctant to make a Mac version of it (despite many Mac users asking them).

Aside from that, it is very limited on Mac for doing that. I have used the old Poser-LW plugin with some success.

daforum
06-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info Megalodon :thumbsup:

Might have to invest in PoserPro......

daforum
06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
PLK from Kurv is a very nice little plugin..unfortunately, they are reluctant to make a Mac version of it (despite many Mac users asking them).

Aside from that, it is very limited on Mac for doing that. I have used the old Poser-LW plugin with some success.

A Mac PLK from Kurv would be great, but sadly no sign of it happening.

What old Poser-LW plugin? Didn't know there was one?