PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster XD Virtual Sets

Eric Pratt
03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
We'd like to announce our upcoming line of Virtual Sets for the Tricaster XD
Our plan is to have all of them ready by NAB, but chances are only most of them will be ready. We've been having customers interested in our sets for the Tricaster XD email us with what set number they would like to purchase and we've been prioritizing creation for them along those lines. That said, Volumes 4, 5, 6, and 7 should be ready by May.

In preparation for this we've created a coupon giving 25% discount to all products in our store except Chromatte (which we already sell as low as we can). The Coupon is good until April 12th. You can also preorder an XD virtual set by purchasing it from our online store and that will serve as our notice to get it done and to you as soon as possible

We will also be passing out $50 discount coupons at NAB, come stop by the Reflecmedia booth in central hall monday or tuesday and get one from me.

The Coupon is PRENAB

We also have created a free virtual set for the Tricaster XD which you can find by using the free virtual set utility on www.virtualset.net or www.virtualset.com. It's called MonitorSet1 and it's a simple set comprised entirely of monitors, there are two versions of it, one that scales the B source into all the monitors, and another which lets you create a B source to put something different in each monitor.

We also recently came out with a new volume of Litesets www.litesets.net and a new volume of animsets www.animsets.com

Hope to see you at NAB

ted
03-29-2010, 05:03 PM
FANTASTIC!!! :thumbsup:
My biggest limitation with the XD300 has been the lack of live sets. I've more than burned through the one's we had. :D
I'll have to take a look after today's edit session. But coming from you I'm sure they are great!
Thanks for bringing us more options!

Eric Pratt
04-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Seven days left on the 25% discount coupon!

yopartstom
04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Do you do custom one off sets? and if so how much are costs?

Eric Pratt
04-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Sure do. We do existing set modification for $500 plus the cost of the set or custom from scratch for $2-6k depending on complexity (need a description)

DKGray
07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Builders,
I see a few folks on here that build virtual sets for the XD platform.
I have a set that is already built in Maya and I need to have it converted into an importable format for my Tricaster but since this is all I need I don't want to spend all of the money for VSE. Is there anyone on here that can provide this service for a reasonable fee?
Thanks
David

Eric Pratt
07-28-2011, 08:02 PM
There are a number of affecting factors:
Are you providing maya, lightwave, intermediate files, or 2D imagery?
A Maya file would need to be converted, I have Polytrans but it's Maya exporter requires Maya to be installed, which I do not have.
A Lightwave file would just need to be rendered and compiled, which would be easyier, but you would need to export/convert it for me to use it.
An intermediate 3D format might work, but some kinds of data get lost that way, like UV maps or textures depending on the format.
2D Imagery would be easiest, but if you know how to render the output for the compiler, you might as well compile it yourself.
You can check some of our custom work out here: http://www.virtualsetworks.com/Virtual-Set-Design.htm
You can start by sending me a picture of the set you want and I can try to come up with a reasonable price: [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])

joseburgos
07-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I agree, better to render your layers in Maya and then compile into a LiveSet.

mtasker
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi Eric

I like your Virtual Set Studio 187. Does the B input on the set mean that the input will be repeated on each screen or will it be spread over the different screens ie. do we need to position the different screens in a single video clip? Hope that this makes sense.

Mark

Eric Pratt
02-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Hi Mark,
It depends on whether you get the Tricaster XD or Tricaster XD Virtual Set Editor version. The Tricaster XD version has the same B source in all the screens. The Virtual Set Editor version lets you adjust that by putting B source or pictures on a case by case basis or if you are handy with photoshop you can remap the B source routing to break it up like I think you are suggesting.

mtasker
02-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi Mark,
It depends on whether you get the Tricaster XD or Tricaster XD Virtual Set Editor version. The Tricaster XD version has the same B source in all the screens. The Virtual Set Editor version lets you adjust that by putting B source or pictures on a case by case basis or if you are handy with photoshop you can remap the B source routing to break it up like I think you are suggesting.
Thank you Eric

I have VSE so I can buy either. I would like the same B input to be shown on each of screens (ie multiple complete B inputs - 1 per screen). I was going to buy the VSE version as I am guessing it will let me customize colors etc if I need to. Will this let me do what I have described above? I don't know how to change the sets in photoshop I'm afraid so I would like it to be 'out of the box' if possible.

Mark

Eric Pratt
02-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes, you can change colors. There are several layers that you can manipulate directly within the VSE.
If you need more color changing than that we include what's called a material ID map which you can load into photoshop with the same angle and use to select specific textures. We don't break out each texture for use directly in VSE because it would be onerously cumbersome to have each of the hundred textures in the set on it's own layer, but we do break out the major ones like the floor and primary wall for example.

As for how the B source is set up. There is a gradient that defines how the B source is routed (and reflected). We cut these up into different layers (for example the desk B source, and the mounted screens are on different layers letting you change what is shown in them). But what I think you are suggesting is that you want to cut up your B source into different regions so you can play different videos on different screens, which is not how the set comes. This is something that you can do in photoshop, or it's something that we can do for a fee.

mtasker
02-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Thank Eric

No I am happy to have the B input shown on each of the screens - that is what I was hoping for. I will place the order in the next week or so.

Thanks again for your help

Mark

ted
02-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey Eric, Daddy. Glad to see you are still moving forward with your great VS products!

Eric Pratt
02-11-2012, 07:34 PM
You should see how intensiKey is coming: www.virtualset3d.com (http://www.virtualset3d.com)

ted
02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Eric, That's absolutely amazing! Nice job....again! :thumbsup: