PDA

View Full Version : Render issue

siafu
03-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi All.

Every time I render the live sets (does not matter what liveset from the ones that came with the liveset generator) it always renders the left cameras. Even on livesets that don't actually have left camera rigs (just center)

What Am I doing wrong?

joseburgos
03-28-2010, 08:32 PM
If it rendered a left camera, then it was told to by the plug-in. If there is no left camera in the scene or only one camera, then the name of the shot was Left. Can you send a screen capture with the master plug-in on screen?

siafu
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi Jose, here it is.

This is the demoSet, and it only has 4 center cameras in the layout, so not sure where it gets the left shots from.

Doesn't the plug-in see that there are only center cameras?

Thanks for your help.

joseburgos
03-29-2010, 08:07 AM
You have three instances of the master plug-in enabled. One for Left, right and center. You need to disable or remove two of them. As to the plug-in being smart, it is as far as allowing you to select cameras in the Include Cameras drop down menu. Only cameras in the scene will show up in the drop down. After that, the plug-in takes information from you as to the frame to render, scene name (LiveSet name), shot name (e.g. Center) as well as all the other settings. Only the Include Cameras drop down is "smart". The rest you choose what you want filled in or enabled.
I highly recommend you reading the Quickstart guide that came with the plug-in to get familiar with the plug-ins features

siafu
03-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks Jose, this works, :)

I did read the guide, but it's kind of vague, as it mentioned only to leave fame at zero, but for example the center cameras are are on frame 1, or at least this is how they showed up here.

But thank you for the info, got me going in the right direction and got this sorted out.

On another note, is there a trick on how to make the VideoInput-4x3 object bigger?

I want to be able to make it bigger to see how it will look with two people on the set.

Thanks for any info, greatly appreciate it.

joseburgos
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Glad I could help.
The videoInput object is a standard LW object so all LW tools are at your disposal to work with it. Are you a familiar with working in Lightwave?

siafu
03-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi Jose,

Thanks again for your help.

I'm a bit familiar with LW.

In some of the sets, I can enlarge the video input layer and on some sets it will not allow me. Also, it will not allow me to move it left to right, or up and down, just backwards, only has the blue arrow, to move forward and backwards.

Not sure if this layer or object is tied to anything in some sets and therefore not allowing me to make adjustments.

Sometimes I can send that layer (object) to modeler and I can adjust size there, and then synchronize with layout and it works, sometimes it does not, and I can't figure out why this is.

Sometimes I can simply adjust the size directly from within layout, then when I hit F5 the T then auto size, it works, but most of the time it will not take, it's like the auto size is not taking the new size I just adjusted it to.

So in this case I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry for all the questions, but greatly appreciate the help so far.

joseburgos
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Sounds like you need some basic knowledge of LW above what you already know. If a function is not working, like moving an object, it usually has to do with the axis being disabled. I would watch some LW video tutorials and get a better basic knowledge of it before you drive yourself crazy. LW is a huge program with many, many options and with that comes a learning curve. Things like changing the size in Modeler will change many parameters associated with it's surfaces giving you an undesired final look. I'm not saying you need 20 years experience in 3D like I have but it does have a steep learning curve and if you don't have the basics under your belt, you will spin your wheels trying to do what seems simple and end up getting frustrated.
Go to the NewTek Lightwave web site and click on training section. The 24 hours training is most likely where you want to dig into.

Good luck,

siafu
03-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Hello Jose,

Thank you for your help,

I'm looking at some tutorials online now.

When rendering the Livesets with the liveset generator plug in, is it normal that it creates NTSC and PAl versions?

joseburgos
03-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Yes that is normal.

siafu
03-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Hello Jose,

While rending with Liveset plug-in, is it normal to always render in 720x576?

Regardless of changing all settings in LW to 720x486 it always render in 720x576.

Please see attached.

joseburgos
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Yes that is normal. Has to do with the PAL render.