PDA

View Full Version : SpeedEDIT Survives Windows XP - But moneyshots?

Mutley Eugenius
03-26-2010, 02:30 PM
For general reference - SpeedEDIT is the only program in my decades of experience that can weather a Windows "... suffered a problem and needs to close" error and keep running, just by dragging the wicked little error message window out of the way. So well done to NewTek.

Actually I don't think it's SpeedEDIT that suffers this, I think it's the little moneyshot discovery demon that rummages through my directory structure while I'm working that comes across a bad file, and then has a hiccup, and Windows just shuts the demon down.

Incidentally, I cleaned up old files in my projects directory, and now all my projects have no moneyshots, just standard icons.

Does anyone know of a way to jumpstart the little moneyshot discovery demon so he makes my projects show their content again after I have found & killed the bad file?

Mutley Eugenius
04-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I figured it out. The demon wasn't making moneyshots because I didn't have the preferences option for making SpeedEdit Projects previewable turned on. I turned it on and the moneyshots all appeared.

Shawn Farrell
05-16-2010, 08:57 PM
The vivid video money shot, sticky mess on the puter.