do not distribute them by yourself,
but Mr 'Soth' didn't care,
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107604

My site is down.
Denis.

Salv8or
03-23-2010, 05:37 AM
Jeepers!!!

To sad Denis, lots of users who will miss it. (Im one)
But thats how it is... Hope things will clearout with the incident.

Kuzey
03-23-2010, 05:41 AM
I think Soth might have been over eager to help someone and didn't think of reading the license.

I hope the site gets back online soon!!

Kuzey

dee
03-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Oh nooo... that's really bad...:(

Soth
03-23-2010, 05:48 AM
'The best intentions and naivete make a bad combination.'

I am sorry, I meant no harm and I have deleted the file & send apology in couple of minutes after recieving PM.

allabulle
03-23-2010, 05:48 AM
It will be missed, for sure.

I hope you will do find a way to manage the situation without such drastic measures. It would be a pity if that could not be the case.

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts and great tools.

Weetos
03-23-2010, 07:08 AM
I don't get it ... Soth replied and removed the content, so why are you closing your website ? Isn't this a bit excessive ?

There are counter-measures you can use to prevent direct linking to your content, this would be more appropriate imho. I can help you with that if you need such protection, as long as you have PHP available on your server.

You're one of the most active and respected plugin dev, so whatever your decision is, consider that your dedication and your hard work will be missed.

Tobian
03-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Wow sorry to read that Denis. I don't think Soth meant anything by it, someone was just having difficulty with the downloaded plugin archive, which was possibly corrupt, as I also have a perfectly working version of the nodes version of your Rman plugin.

I hope that you can resolve the dispute, as your nodes are an invaluable resource for the community I cannot imagine not having!

Fadlabi
03-23-2010, 07:59 AM
I hope that what happened is summer cloud sooner will disappear, and the website come back.

zarti
03-23-2010, 08:11 AM
sorry Denis, ... really sorry to read that...
thank you for your magnific plugins and support here!
if your plugins wouldn't exist, many things we generate today, simply would not be POSSIBLE!
so thank you, at least, for those we still have and use today!

... and now; what will happen to LW ?!

Skonk
03-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Sounds to me like he was looking for a "get out clause" for supporting his products, and soth provided him with one.

OnlineRender
03-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Harsh ....

Matt
03-23-2010, 08:30 AM
This simply can't be allowed to happen, Denis, what can we all do to bring you back?

Your contribution to the LightWave community has been nothing short of legendary. I don't think Soth meant any harm.

But if Skonk is right, it is a HUGE loss of talent.

I too hope you reconsider, but if you have decided to move, my best wishes for your future endeavors, and thanks for all your hard work. We all will miss you.

Regards
Matt

Matt
03-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Oh, no... this is bad. :(

Very. I've tried PMing Denis, but his inbox is full.

Tobian
03-23-2010, 08:38 AM
I can't imagine why! :) Well that and you don't get many PM's on this forum :)

cresshead
03-23-2010, 08:39 AM
darn it!
really sad news, i too hope you can reconsider and either bring back your site of accept some web help to update/upgrade your hosting so this cannot happen again.

JML
03-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Hmm.. seems a bit extreme.. it's not like soth put it on his website or tried to make money with it.. seems like he just wanted to help somebody else..

Nicolas Jordan
03-23-2010, 08:44 AM
I think I have most of his plugins downloaded :) but this definitely sucks if this is really the end for the development of these great plugins. :(

OnlineRender
03-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Hmm.. seems a bit extreme.. it's not like soth put it on his website or tried to make money with it.. seems like he just wanted to help somebody else..

Agreed , Soth just so you know , the boards in your corner , Well I am atleast & do not hold you responsible in anyway (",) , you were only trying to help another user with best interest at heart ....

Matt
03-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Agreed , Soth just so you know , the boards in your corner , Well I am atleast & do not hold you responsible in anyway (",) , you were only trying to help another user with best interest at heart ....

I've just PM'd Soth saying pretty much the same. While I completely respect Denis' decision, I too agree it seems quite a harsh punishment, which makes be believe Skonk is right and there may be more to Denis' decision.

I don't think a witch hunt on Soth would be at all helpful.

But I will stop my hearsay ramblings, as I don't know what really happened.

Hope it gets sorted out though.

Lightwolf
03-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Just to chime in: I also think that Soth was just trying to help out (hey, we're a helpful bunch even when we're at each others throats arguing ;) ).

I hope Denis will put up his site again as well, it's an extremely valuable asset to the community.

Cheers,
Mike

Tobian
03-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Erm Soth took down the file almost immediately and apologised. What would you propose he do other? His first born child or his kidneys or something? :p

All this wild speculation is not serving any purpose other than probably pissing Denis off further!

Matt
03-23-2010, 09:03 AM
All this wild speculation is not serving any purpose other than probably pissing Denis off further!

Good point

cresshead
03-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Good point
:agree:

group hug?:D

Tobian
03-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't think it's the actual issue here, but if your host is being a problem, I have been given the go-ahead to offer you hosting space, if you require it. Totally private and secure and free for you! :) PM me if you are interested.

Iain
03-23-2010, 09:49 AM
I understand. Somebody walked across the edge of my grass the other day.

I'm never speaking to anyone again. Ever.

Nicolas Jordan
03-23-2010, 09:57 AM

That's the spirit! :D

MooseDog
03-23-2010, 10:51 AM

really not constructive (might even be a mistake), especially in light of denis's incalculable contributions.

this i find very solution oriented:

I don't think it's the actual issue here, but if your host is being a problem, I have been given the go-ahead to offer you hosting space, if you require it. Totally private and secure and free for you! :) PM me if you are interested.

pour denis, j'espere que le ton plutot positif de ce thread peut te faire changer d'avis. please:D and thank you.

Iain
03-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I can only bend so far when faced with puerility or churlishness. Regardless of who the person is.

It was obviously an innocent mistake. Worse things happen to most people daily and they (somehow) manage to soldier on without throwing their metaphorical toys out of the pram.

cresshead
03-23-2010, 11:12 AM
of course non of this is helping smooth down the situation...

best option is to let some 'time' pass to heal the situation...calm heads people!

serge
03-23-2010, 11:19 AM
I assume this is just a temporary warning, Denis? You're not going to leave us are you?

Jim M
03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Can I just chime in and say regardless of what Denis decides to do with HIS site and HIS plugins, that people maintain respect for his licensing and dont start passing them round or posting them in his absence.

Tobian
03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah that will only exacerbate the situation ten fold!

I hope Denis can accept Soth's apology and come back, as his plugins are a life-force of Lightwave!

lwaddict
03-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Wow...
<edit...edit...re-edit...edit again>

This is amazing.

Tissues anyone?
Most of you definitely appear to need tissues.

OnlineRender
03-23-2010, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ_i0spcgBM REEDIT

lwaddict
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I keep having to edit my comment because it keeps coming out like he's using me as a muse... but I know it's all valid.

H_Molla
03-23-2010, 01:11 PM
I try to do my best to give access and support
to various tools I made for free,
I tried also by many ways to obtain the respect
of a basic rule, that says simply,
do not distribute them by yourself,
but Mr 'Soth' didn't care,
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107604

My site is down.
Denis.

But this is unfair for the rest of us Denis..
We really can't live without your tools..you did give us an EDGE with your phenomenal tools & you know that many of LW users use the package as there main source of income & with your knowledge & by circulating our knowledge here we help each other !!

it is your call my friend & u know how much i respect you on the personal level..
Please think again, it is not an easy decision to lose your contact with all of your respected users who sees you as a big & important base for this industry & for light-wave specifically..

lwaddict
03-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I've seen less begging to get a wife back...

"we really can't live without your tools"

REALLY?

Just so you all know...
there's plenty of people who didn't even know about these tools who are alive and well and living fufilling lives.

I'm just saying.

geothefaust
03-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey Denis,

I can understand in principle your decision. I wish you the best on whatever endeavor you pursue, but I do hope you reconsider. Your tools have helped so much, and I hope that your support in the LW community and plugin development will continue!

S'il vous plaît réexaminer! Tu es un grand développeur, et il nous manquera. :(

OOZZEE
03-23-2010, 01:25 PM
ok so Denis, you get pissed off at one individual who seem to have made a sincere mistake and you punish the rest of the lightwave community ? Even IF it was an intentional act from one individual, you crucify the innocent ?

I dont use your plugins all that much but I am quite aware of your generosity and lots of people have looked up to you for that... however this move is just plain stupid to do.

Are you so blind to think that Soth was the only one to share ??? I am sure at one point someone did it intentionally with another individual... so why blame it on Soth ???? doesnt make sense !

I honestly think, In time, because of this decision, you will probably be only remembered as the guy who shut everyone out because of a simple mistake.

Dont go out like that !!

Ernest
03-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I've seen less begging to get a wife back...
err... naturally?

REALLY?
REALLY!
:D

Just so you all know...
there's plenty of people who didn't even know about these tools who are alive
Being alive is not the same as living.

Even IF it was an intentional act from one individual, you crucify the innocent ?
I'm not that innocent. tum!

cresshead
03-23-2010, 01:36 PM
can someone put the breaks on?
people are getting abit carried away here...

lwaddict
03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Ernest... you rule man.

Cress... How can anyone not have fun with it?

SBowie
03-23-2010, 01:45 PM
I suspect some are reading way too much into this, and perhaps exacerbating things with speculation. I'm going to do the merciful thing here. Y'all are free to remonstrate privately - with me (won't do any good), or each other (might help, might not.)