PDA

View Full Version : Some bathrooms...

MUCUS
03-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone!

So I still continue my arch viz formation, and there is two renders of modern bathrooms:

The first one:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2421/sdbcontemporaine01.jpg

original photo:

http://img.archiexpo.fr/images_ae/photo-g/salle-de-bains-contemporaine-23804.jpg

(Mine is a bit too much contrasted/saturated maybe, I just have a hand on photomatrix and need some training to understand this apps...maybe I should have blurred the ground reflexions too?)

The second one:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5186/sdbcontemporaine02.jpg

original photo:

http://www.aroots.org/IMG/jpg/21574_262967511993_114306166993_3959507_6456674_n. jpg

(I'm happy with this one, beside the ceramic shader which is "a bit" off)

That's it for now! :) Hope to have again some constructive crits!

michaeldejong
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
amazing!

probiner
03-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Wow i would love to read my magazines in places like those :D

great job

sampei
03-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Wow i would love to read my magazines in places like those :D

great job

what types of magazines are we talking about ? ;D
seriously good work though, and I think the quality of these interiors is improving all the time, or at least its staying really high...great stuff!
ps.the dog really fits in with the design...

MUCUS
03-22-2010, 05:30 AM
Michael and Probiner, thank you for replies, I'll try to had some magazines next times ^^
Sampei, thank you for kind words, I hope to improve a bit with time! I think dogs fit really well the design too, but doing it would have take a huge time (fiber nightmare again!)

probiner
03-22-2010, 05:47 AM
what types of magazines are we talking about ? ;D

Well since i don't watch television i still read newspaper for news. Only in a bathroom i can give a crap about politics.
The newspaper i buy is weekly so its comes with a lot of supplements with reserch articles, cultural reviews, satiric illustrations, so it's a good pause... xD

Anyway only now i noticed that those images don't contain the "reading chair", guess the perspective it's from it :D

sampei
03-22-2010, 06:02 AM
it's called the "throne" ! :'D

ingo
03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Excellent pictures, just try to experiment with "Auto Color" or "Auto levels" in Photoshop to get the colors more like in the photos, and a small sharpen filter will help too.

MUCUS
03-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Thank you Ingo, yes you're right! Autolevel gives here a mood which is more like the original photo.

I should maybe re-render the picture (LW is more blue) and give a stronger influence to the orange light (so that it could hit the ground for instance) while keeping the blue color on the left part of the scene...maybe I should let one or two days without looking at the picture before posting it.

It's hard to stay objective when working non-stop on a picture, so thank you for letting me remember this. Next time I'll have a good bier before going to post-comp :beerchug: (or read a good adult magazine and pretend to read some cultural magazine, just like probiner :D)

ken_g9
03-22-2010, 10:20 PM
With bathrooms like that, who needs a bedroom or a living room? ;D

Great renders!

meshpig
03-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Don't take this as a criticism:)... just wondering about this sort of thing with the real lens camera. LIke you can't really match a real lens?

MUCUS
03-23-2010, 06:29 AM
No problem meshpig :) The difficulty I met with this picture, was to work without plans. So the dimensions of the room itself are wrong, at least compared with the photographic source.

First time, I tried to modeled the room with the picture in background in Layout while positioning camera, and make geometry modifications in modeler. But I probably don't have the good technique, so that I left this method and model the room like I felt it.

Then as the dimensions where wrong compare to the photo, I just don't try to perfectly match the camera lens, but only to obtained something good. That say, if you have a technique to match dimensions/camera lens with a single picture in Layout, I'm really open! :beerchug:

Tobian
03-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Those look great! Yeah I think you should have had blurry reflections on the floor, as nothing is mirror smooth other than a mirror :D

I'd reccomend using DP's reflections node (Hopefully his site will be back online soon) as it does much more realistic blurry reflections than LW does at those kind of angles.

The second one doesn't work quite so much, probably you need more recursions or a greater absorbtion in your glass to give it the strong green edges. Your sinks also look a bit odd, especially compared to the original.

Gorgeous work though, you're definitely improving your skills! :D

Iain
03-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Very nice Christophe but yes, blurred reflections are a must for flooring like that, even if they have bump maps applied. You can lower the samples to 4 or 5 for much quicker render times.

Sharpen is a great tool as well but it can leave jagged edges. I duplicate the layer first then run sharpen and erase any obvious jaggies before flattening the image.

meshpig
03-24-2010, 04:11 AM
No problem meshpig :) The difficulty I met with this picture, was to work without plans. So the dimensions of the room itself are wrong, at least compared with the photographic source.

First time, I tried to modeled the room with the picture in background in Layout while positioning camera, and make geometry modifications in modeler. But I probably don't have the good technique, so that I left this method and model the room like I felt it.

Then as the dimensions where wrong compare to the photo, I just don't try to perfectly match the camera lens, but only to obtained something good. That say, if you have a technique to match dimensions/camera lens with a single picture in Layout, I'm really open! :beerchug:

Thanks MUCUS. No, I don't have a superior method sorry and you're absolutely right.

-It's just that there's seemingly too much perspectival distortion when you shorten the focal length?

Yeah, sorry forgot to say they look great!

3DGFXStudios
03-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Those bathrooms are bigger than my house :O But that are very nice images. Nice dog :D

erikals
03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
i really loved these renders http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/king.gif ..... (pure Lightwave render, right?)

cohominous
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
First off, great work. Really nice.

Second, the biggest difference I see for the first example is that the picture is primarily lit by the windows which appear to be daylight (5500 Kelvin) with a cast of tungsten light (3300 Kelvin) around the lamps. Your render is dominated by tungsten color temperature light. You already seem to be aware of the color difference as you mentioned "blue" and "orange" light.

ERH
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
felicidades ,son excepcionales...

1080p
04-13-2010, 06:33 AM
what renderer did you use ?