PDA

View Full Version : Drawing between points

Alan Safewood
09-09-2003, 05:03 AM
Is there an easy way to draw lines between the points that i select in modeler/Lightwave? I want them to be visible in the rendered pictures. Also - can I deside the thickness of such lines?

Newbie questions - I know :-)

Alan

meshmaster
09-09-2003, 09:00 AM
you could select point on one end, use extender, move that new point out, select other end point while the new point is still selected, and then weld.

txbob
09-10-2003, 01:13 AM
much easier way:

Select 2 points and hit "p" on the keyboard. This creates a 2 point polygon, or line. If you want to make a line with more than 2 points you have to go point-point "p", point-point "p" etc, and create a chain of 2 point polys.

On the object properties/ edges tab there is a particle (single point polygon)/ line (2 point polygon) thickness control. The settings are for small, (1pt) medium (2pt) or large (3pt) but you can enter higher values, although it starts looking weird....

Try rendering with a bit of glow for a cool wireframe look

Hope this helps

Alan Safewood
09-15-2003, 02:40 AM
Thanks for good advices. I am actually trying to make a road. Itīs easy to texture the road when itīs straight. But in the curve the texture (lines in the road) continues straight ahead - not exactly what Iīve intended.

Thats why I tought maybe Iīd use the lines in the model to draw the lines on the side and in the middle of the road.

I guess I should try to make polygons where i want the lines and fill them with textures. Itīs just that the road is wery long - It will be one h*** of a job.

Any other ideas?

BeeVee
09-15-2003, 03:35 AM
You can do it in two ways:

1. UV map the straight road, then bend it as you like. Best to use a large polygon that's been subdivided several times for this;

2. Use the same subdivided polygon and give it a planar surface. Copy the poly to a different layer and deform it as you want. Assign your road pic to the first object and then morph between that and your deformed road object and the texture will follow.

B