PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 3d animated movies.

Salv8or
03-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi guys.

Since there is so much tech-talk on all 3d forums, i thought that it could be a good ideea to start a thread with something fun to talk about.
Here´s a list of my top-10 rated 3d-movies so far:

1. Horton Hears a who. (hillariusly funny, and thigt in the design)

2. Dragon hunters. (Fantastic scenarios and design)

3. Shrek (Humor, humor, humor, good story and idea and strong characters)

4. Madagaskar 1 (Again with the humor.... and charachters)

5. Ice age 1

6. The Incredibles

7. cars

8. Toystory

9. Bolt

10. Wall-e

The movies without a comment apply to all of the comments of the movies above, they just dont have the same amount of it.
I think thats it. Just out of my head and from my personal preference.
Im not to shure about the end of the list and the order ive put them in, but at least its somwhere in that ballpark.

So my big congrats to all the people who worked on them and all good ones to come aswell

Now lets see yours...

..lists that is..

shrox
03-17-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't have 10.

The Incredibles

Vexille: 2077 Isolation of Japan

Toy Story

That's about it for me.

hrgiger
03-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Has Pixar done 10 movies yet? Those ten for me. Although, Shrek and Bolt would go in there too.

Except Cars.

banjaxedmdt
03-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Monsters Inc and Monster House would both be in my top ten. I can't decide on a full list though.

DragonFist
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Most all that have been mentioned are on my list. I have to add Beowulf, though I can admit that I have personal bias due to the subject matter. Performance capture wasn't really that good till Avatar.

ericsmith
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
And there' Kung Fu Panda. That one really stands out for me.

Eric

cresshead
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
not in any order....too late for my brain!

incredibles
vexille
toy story
toy story2
monsters inc
final fantasy the spirits within
antz
keana the prophecy
starship troopers roughnecks [all 8 dvd's]

http://jackasscritics.com/images/movies/kaena_01.jpg

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/article/887/887546/vexille-dvd-review-20080709021828776-000.jpg

http://misterhook.net/roughnecks/hallway.jpg

Salv8or
03-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Wow.. Totaly forgot KungFu Panda, thats a good one. And there are alt of movies i havent seen yet..Must meen that I have to go shop..

pat-lek
03-18-2010, 05:23 AM
About "horton hears a who" i have seen this vidéo, from an animator:

http://www.kenmusicanimator.com/KennyMusicAnimator/MyAnimationBlog/Entries/2008/3/18_Jeff_Gabors_Comparison_Reel_files/Jeff%20Gabor%20Comparison%20Horton%20Reel_1.mov

And, the 3d film i prefer, is "monster inc."

sampei
03-18-2010, 05:29 AM
ok I'm a Pixar fanboy. Badly.
Wall-e simply is not only the best animated, but the best movie ever. To me that is, I've watched it at least once a week since I got the dvd.
Number two would be finding Nemo, I love Stanton's style. He simply has it.
Then UP (waiting for the special edition), the incredibles, monsters and co, Toystory etc.
was Coraline 3d ? ah well I liked it a lot, the Dreamworks's are really great but simply do not stand up to Pixar imo. Bluesky also rock, but I still think Pixar is a different class, they are todays Disney.

Ågrén
03-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Hmm,

1. Ratatouille
2. Wall-E
3. Monsters inc
4. Incredibles
5. Coraline

Pixar's movies really work emotionally.

aurora
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Hmm, again something that varies with mood. In my current utterly exhausted state and in no real order

The Incredibles
Wall-E
Appleseed
Appleseed Ex Machina
Toy Story
Madagascar
Wonderful Days
Ice Age
Final Fantasy, except the ending, always a bummer to me for some reason.
While not out yet, How to Train Your Dragon. LOVED the special spots during the Olympics. Just from those I have to put this in my permanent top 10 I think. I so hope those clips will be on the DVD when released next winter!!! I'll buy just for them if nothing else!

shrox
03-18-2010, 09:30 PM
oh, and Tron and maybe The Last Starfighter