PDA

View Full Version : Legacy files? LWS6.1 to LWS9.6

Wade
03-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Legacy files?
Can't seem to open some old LW6.1 or LW7 Scene files - they look ok in notepad but won't open in LW9.6
Was there a scene file change that I need to reload an older version for?
Or might I just have some corrupt files?

Thanks.

BeeVee
03-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Older scenes should open fine. In what way won't they open, what error message are you getting?

B

Wade
03-17-2010, 10:14 PM
won't opend in 9.6 it just hangs. I'll check the error message in the morning.

Long time ago with LW 7 or something there was a problem with the .LWS extention being writing - so from some files I have had to add the extention.

Just going back and looking to pool all my assests and rerender some older work not that it can be done in a day and not weeks. In doing so I have found some scene files just won't open - again details in a day.

Thanks for your time.

Wade
03-18-2010, 09:45 PM
BeeVee,

Looks like I have a very slow NTS drive at times and I have dumped some 4,000 object files in my catch all objects folder.

What I am getting is a "program not responding" however is I wait 5 or 10 min. is starts loading. If crash a time or two but I think that had to do with my trying to cancel out of what I thought was a lost cause.

Seems a number of the scene files dateing back to 2002 or LW6.5 are missing file extensions which was a problem until 6.5b came out I think.

Thanks again for your time your question put me on the right track.

Wade

BeeVee
03-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Ahh impatience! :)

B