PDA

View Full Version : Avatar dvd/blueray no extras...doh!

cresshead
03-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Avatar dvd/blueray no extras...doh!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100316/ap_en_ot/us_film_avatar_dvd

well that's just poop...add a second disc!!!!!:stop:

more likley thy want to sell you the same film again in the summer/xmas with extras on it and an extended released edit....

maximise their profits...

i'll rent this version...:devil:

Wickster
03-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Any news on the BluRay version? That should be at least in 3D.

cresshead
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Any news on the BluRay version? That should be at least in 3D.

no 3d version in blueray either...not on the april released version....

they are looking to sell you the same film a few times i believe..much like what starwars did...:hey:

Cageman
03-16-2010, 03:48 PM
That is a major letdown for sure... :/ Ever since I saw it I have been waiting for some neat extras. Hopefully this means the extras will be as good and deep as those found on the LOTR Trilogy extended editions. Haven't seen any extras that are so well produced as those.

Oh well....

Wickster
03-16-2010, 03:54 PM
no 3d version in blueray either...not on the april released version....

they are looking to sell you the same film a few times i believe..much like what starwars did...:hey:
ic. well i'll be joining you on skipping that release altogether.

Markc
03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
At 14.99 from Amazon.co.uk, the blu-ray isn't bad value
(with dvd also)

OnlineRender
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Avatar 3D Dual Audio DVDScr XviD [FreeLeech](RED AND BLUE 3D GLASSES REQUIRED) ..........thats kicking about , if MR Cameron wants I can remove these for a small fee . :P

well edit content once the right people have seen :rock:

Matt
03-16-2010, 06:13 PM
No extras - no sale.

OnlineRender
03-17-2010, 10:12 AM
No extras - no sale.

heard that somewhere before :P

biliousfrog
03-17-2010, 10:18 AM
C'mon...it's a Cameron film, it'll have several revisions and directors cuts before the end of the year

cresshead
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM
heard that somewhere before :P

yeh usually with someone inside a car and someone outside a car...:devil:

back on topic...the rice paper thin "reasons" for not putting extras on the dvd's will just make people download it...what's the difference between a download verion and the bought dvd version....nothing with this release...that for me would be the point of the DVD..getting the extras you don't get on downlaod versions [itunes,amazon etc as well a pirate]

i'll probably go get 2012 instead...they'll have extras no doubt on thre disc.:thumbsup:

biliousfrog
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Only Star Wars? Almost every movie I try to buy has 2-4 editions in shops... and that's really annoying. :bangwall:

It's annoying when you request a particular DVD for Christmas or a birthday primarily for the extras and you get the 'budget' version

BeeVee
03-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Ha! I'd actually like to buy Watchmen on DVD, but they've messed around so many times with "This one will have Tales of the Black Freighter on it" that I haven't bought it, nor will I ask for it for a present since I *know* I'd be in the same boat as you Steve...

B

Soth
03-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Its marketing tactics. Simple version, 2 months later, extended version, couple months later extended version 3D, half year later super hyper extended version and year later cut down budget version for all who did not bought any of the previous ones.

That way they can sell same movie couple times to the same person. :O

aurora
03-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Holding out for a 3D version of the directors cut which will be released in theaters later this summer. That and LOTS of extras. I liked the LOTR 4 disc versions, hint hint!

biliousfrog
03-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Why does there need to be a directors cut?...He's spent the last 20 years supposedly perfecting it and he still doesn't get the final cut right?

Rip-off, pure and simple.

aurora
03-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Why? Because the other lemmings do it too!
Again more proof of auroras 4th rule: 'Just because you can does not mean you should'

Philbert
03-19-2010, 08:06 AM
I wonder if there will b something like X-Men where people complained so much about the lack of extras that they released 1.5 with over 5 hours worth. Of course now that I think of it they may have been planning the 1.5 release from the beginning.