PDA

View Full Version : Magicly diseapering polygons

marchermitte
03-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Hello!
I'm runing into something really crazy: I made about 20 polies that I linked to particles. (About 2000 as a whole) I'm mapping some video clips on the polies to create some kind of flying screens. (YES, they're all double sided) Now, I rendered the scene with dynymic zoom, DOF, etc. Checked the test, worked well.
I reopened the scene later and when I render, some of the "screens" don't show up. (YES! they're still double sided) I can see them in ogl but they don't render. I removed all the textures, created a new camera, no DOF, no focus null, nothing. Still the same. I've checked render attributes (no unseen by...), surfaces (no transp, no clip, no alpha black) Tried to render with Fprime, same thing.
What the... ?

Wade
03-17-2010, 11:35 AM
I found an odd bug awhile back -

If you clone something more than 10 times the clones over 10 will not render. So I had to rename each clone.

Screen 1
Screen (2)
Screen (3)

rename -

Screen 1
Screen A
Screen B
Screen Ab...

Hope this helps. might not...

marchermitte
03-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you for answering!!! I'll give a try only for one or two that don't render... if this is the problem, I might as well change for another soft to complete the job. (not gonna rename 2000 clones by hand.)
:bangwall:

Wade
03-18-2010, 09:05 AM
I am not having this issue with 9.6 but did in 8.5 or 9 not sure which as it was two or three years back.

But I do have a folder full of Oak tree A, Oak tree b, Oak tree C...