PDA

View Full Version : Rings

smee
09-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Hi ive been working on a little ring and thought i would be my first post on the this board for comments. Im getting back into doing more lightwave again. and enjoying it

smee

oncen_ever
09-14-2003, 03:25 AM
wow That's pretty cool work dude, man if I could do stuff like that I reckon I'd go out and treat myself to a footy pie. Speaking of footy pies, my bro loves 'em. He's a bit sad at the moment, thinking of getting his mullet cut. But I say stay true, stay blue. I love his hair, it's like stroking a cat and I can't resist posting him up for the world to see.

http://www.ratemymullet.com/mullets776/69.jpg

riki
09-14-2003, 07:16 AM
Very disturbing :) I like the rings though

veljko
09-14-2003, 07:38 AM
like the last image the best-

Microbex
09-14-2003, 03:21 PM
I just cant wait until Mullet hair is gonna get to be the fasion again. Viva la Mullet hair.

skarab
09-14-2003, 06:06 PM
it's not in fashion now?

Microbex
09-15-2003, 08:20 AM
I guess that we in Europe is not that advanced as you, yet.
Maybe i should grow some hair first, and then i will make a strike for the MHSF (the Mullet Hair Style Fasion).

Keep up the hair style, we will soon join the coalition.

Carbon71
09-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Let first apologize apologize for the people who highjacked your post. It sucks to display up something you have been working hard on, then suddenly there's bunch of posts ignoring your work and jabbering about some inane BS,

Anyway, Nice work on the ring! Beautiful! I love the colors of the facets. My fav is the first one. Nice gradient background. great color and dynamic range.

crits of the first render:
-I think I can see some geometry on the metal part near the diamonds. Increase your subD level.

-Add some radiosity or fake it (fill lights because the shadows are too black. There should definitely be some light in there. Maybe also try try changing your shadow color to a dark grey instead of black.

-Change your light type to get a little fuzzier shadow. They are too sharp.

Again, great work. :)