PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get NewTek to answer phones

steveg
02-27-2003, 09:22 AM
Paul, I have tried for three days to call NewTek on the phone. I have three phone numbers, and have tried all of them. They all say noone is available to take your call then they say leave a message. The message base keeps saying it is full and to press 'O' for an operator. I press 'O' and get a busy signal. This has been going on for three days now. I am getting quite concerned. How do I get a return authorization if nobody is at NewTek to give me one? I am sure I am not the only one trying to call NewTek.

Chuck
02-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Are you calling the tech support number - 210-341-8444 and getting this result?

You can also email tech support at [email protected] and include your phone number, and they will call you...

steveg
02-27-2003, 09:38 AM
yes Tech support is one of the three numbers I have repetedly called and get message base full. It says dial 0 to speak to an operator. When I press 0 I get a busy signal and nothing else.

ted
02-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Well if Chuckie is answering, we must be OK.:)

steveg
02-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Do you even know how to read? I didn't ask for any smart remarks from the peanut gallery. I was asking NewTek a question, not you. If they can't answer it then I should go somewhere else to buy my products.

Tod Cole
02-27-2003, 09:16 PM
WOW touchy are we...

ted
02-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Excuse me, I was talking to Chuck.
Chill. Life's too short to be so serious.

This might explain another post of yours.

SBowie
02-28-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by steveg
Do you even know how to read? I didn't ask for any smart remarks from the peanut gallery. I was asking NewTek a question, not you. If they can't answer it then I should go somewhere else to buy my products.
Wow. I know it can be frustrating to be in your situation, but you might want to think about your reply. True, you opened your query by addressing it to Paul - but this is a USER forum, not a direct line to NewTek (even if they do sponsor it.) Anything in here is fair game.

Second, I think you mis-read Ted's intent. He wasn't quibbling with you ... in my view, he was simply pointing out (to all of us) that even if the phone systems seem to be screwed up at the moment, Chuck's response indicates they haven't all beamed back to the mothership. That should be re-assuring.

Finally, Ted is a great guy -- a friendly, experienced and helpful member of this community who will could easily be the list member who saves your skin in a given situation.

Just a little friendly advice -- albeit from the peanut gallery. :)

wesdodd
02-28-2003, 12:12 PM
I had the same problem earlier this week - called tech support's direct line, was put on hold for a long time, got the "mailbox full" message, pressed "0' and got the busy signal. I thought they were just really busy that day. I didn't try again after that, however. I hope whatever the problem was has been fixed.

Chuck, on a topic slightly related to tach support, I would like to know who's music is playing when I'm on hold? Is it one group? I'd like to know, might want to get the CD, if there is one...

Thanks!

Tod Cole
02-28-2003, 02:37 PM
and by the way Ted is an avid reader; doh! did I just say avid?

NTComm
02-28-2003, 05:13 PM
Sounds like we need to have the phone system checked out...