PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Bad Company 2

Matt
03-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Anyone on here playing this? Would be cool to set up a LightWave Clan, nothing serious, just so we can team up when we're online.

BTW: My tag is TheDeadlyAvenger should you want to add me.

JohnMarchant
03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah been playing on and off for a couple of days. Quite a good game, takes a bit of getting used to compared to MW2

realgray
03-14-2010, 06:14 PM
I tried the demo. Maybe it was just me but overall the game didn't feel nearly as accurate as MW2. It also felt slow especially when running. I'm sure it's a great game but not enough for me to leave MW2 over. If you start a MW2 Lightwave clan sign me up :thumbsup:

Matt
03-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah it is more difficult than MW, but I think it's meant to be more realistic, strategy and teamwork play a bit part, you don't last long lone-wolfing or run and gunning!

The bullet drop takes a bit of practise too, especially when in Recon class.

JohnMarchant
03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
I like the way buildings and structures get blown up. I think its probably more accurate than MW2, at least you dont see so many people bunny hopping or tuck jumping all over the place.

Always find it funny when these idiots are bunny hopping everywhere then complain about people camping and tubing, just shows they know nothing about the realities of real warfare :):).

Hieron
03-14-2010, 07:04 PM
MW2... bleh. Totally not my type of game. BF BC2 however.. now you're talking :)
When I play it is almost always with a few friends over ventrillo (yay to actual teamplay!) and it is a bit busy these days. After 25th I should have alot more time (heh..) so I gladly add you Matt :)

My name ingame is..... Hieron :) If I'm on my own and spot you online, I'll drop in :)

JohnMarchant
03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Hieron add me as well if you dont mind my in game name is "John Marchant"

JohnMarchant
03-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I have a question for you guys. Ive got mine on steam so no real manual. Is it possible to lay down and is it possible to stay crouched without holding the key all the time, its 2 things i really dont like.

Regards John

Hieron
03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey, sure will!

And no you can't lie down for sure and I haven't used or seen a way to stay crouched. When you're crouched strafing sideways and spamming "Q" while shooting down some tango's it gets a bit tricky indeed :)

If you, just as me, missed it: pressing "Q" is superuseful. It spots enemies and places that red icon over their head for everyone to see. If they get killed in that period you get some extra points, but most importantly, you help the team alot.

Sorry if you already knew that, but I didn't and it makes alot of difference with regards to teamplay...

JohnMarchant
03-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks allot mate, i didnt know about the Q thing. The lying down and crouching thing is my only real gripe but its allot harder than MW2

Hieron
03-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Just practice a bit, it's a bit different than MW2 but alot of fun when you start to get familiar more and have a good squad. never go on your own, just team up. Even if it is just for being able to spawn on them.

Teamplay is crucial..

Ow and the M60 is overpowered.. pfff :) A good medic with the M60 is very nice to have in the squad.

Snosrap
03-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Anybody playing on XBox?

GraphXs
03-14-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm play'n on XBox(both MW2 and BF2): Tag name: GraphX

JohnMarchant
03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Just practice a bit, it's a bit different than MW2 but alot of fun when you start to get familiar more and have a good squad. never go on your own, just team up. Even if it is just for being able to spawn on them.

Teamplay is crucial..

Ow and the M60 is overpowered.. pfff :) A good medic with the M60 is very nice to have in the squad.

Thanks for the tips mate. Yeah takes some getting used to, its quite complex but there is allot more there than MW2

Sorry im on a PC not a box, the only way to game IMHO

Snosrap
03-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm play'n on XBox(both MW2 and BF2): Tag name: GraphX
Hope ya don't mind, but I've sent you a friend request. I'm usually playing MW2 for an hour or so in the evening while on my eliptical getting a workout.

Bigfeats
03-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Add me as
Big_feats
if you like.
The game is kind of broke.
The weapons you start out with are underpowered for the most part, and I have empty my gun out on a few guys only to have them turn around and kill me.:(
plus
I happen to be one of those who are experencing connection problems with PB kicking me.
Built up my recon fast and im now expanding my other kits.

Matt
03-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Cool, will add you all later tonight!

Hieron
03-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Add me as
Big_feats
if you like.
The game is kind of broke.
The weapons you start out with are underpowered for the most part, and I have empty my gun out on a few guys only to have them turn around and kill me.:(
plus
I happen to be one of those who are experencing connection problems with PB kicking me.
Built up my recon fast and im now expanding my other kits.

Nah the game is fine, some weapons may be a tad too powerfull (M60 comes to mind) but most of the time it is just correct aiming (head) and shooting in bursts. Just tap the mouse quickly, don't spray the bullets all over with the submachineguns.

Regarding the PB, that sucks. I can't use Ventrillo now with my buddies since the pc freezes when I do (was fine in beta). Seems to be a on-board soundchip thing so got a new card incoming tomorrow.

JohnMarchant
03-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Some observations on BFBC2 also maybe some help needed.

The bullet dynamics are awful, basically guess and hope for the best. They use bullet drop but dont give you a BDC or a way to work it out, no indication of wind speed and direction. This really only applies to sniper mode.

Some of the ranges achieved but some weapons is staggering, i was shot by an UZI from a range that a sniper would have been proud of and to add insult to injury he had a suppressor (silencer) on it.

If they want to have bullet drop and recoil then make the ranges of weapons more realistic or at least stop long range shooting with handguns and machine guns, i hit but did not kill a guy with a colt 1911 from at least 1000 yards, i dont think so, do you.

Overall i like it, i would not say its better than MW2, the graphics i dont think are better, seems very soft to me. There are still many things i like about MW2 that i dont like with BFBC2 and also visa versa.

I was looking at the statistics for when you get scopes, wow it takes some time. I also looked at the leader board, even the lowest ranked person has been playing for over 100 hours, so i have allot of catching up to do.

Ive sent out friend requests to you guys who gave your call-signs but have had no responses, have i done it wrong and you have not received them.

Regards John

cyatic
03-16-2010, 09:18 AM
I like it a lot better than MW2. I like the bullet drops, but also do not like getting killed by a silenced uzi from long range. I think they just need to make some tweaks to some of the weapons. I do like the inclusion of the kill cam. Personally, I think this helps out a lot with people that camp out. One of the things that does anoy the heck out of me is the sniper army. Is it me or do a lot of people just love that class? I've been playing and have had about 8 snipers on our side. Then I hear complaining by most of them because we can't win. I've had to literally jump on an atv myself, go and set a charge. I like that class but find the medic class very exciting, especially once it's been upgraded quite a bit. The points just pour in. I've ran around healing and reviving left and right. I usually become a big target, but I love the action. I really like the rush maps. I really got tired of the whole deathmatch and cheating on MW2, which brings up one thing in particular. I don't think some of the players understand the concept of team play or the objectives. Many players I've played with are concentrating on getting kills as the attackers, instead of blowing the objectives up. While it bothers me, it was great because of the class I chose, medic baby. I really like flying the helicopters as well.

JohnMarchant
03-16-2010, 09:30 AM
I like it a lot better than MW2. I like the bullet drops, but also do not like getting killed by a silenced uzi from long range. I think they just need to make some tweaks to some of the weapons. I do like the inclusion of the kill cam. Personally, I think this helps out a lot with people that camp out. One of the things that does anoy the heck out of me is the sniper army. Is it me or do a lot of people just love that class? I've been playing and have had about 8 snipers on our side. Then I hear complaining by most of them because we can't win. I've had to literally jump on an atv myself, go and set a charge. I like that class but find the medic class very exciting, especially once it's been upgraded quite a bit. The points just pour in. I've ran around healing and reviving left and right. I usually become a big target, but I love the action. I really like the rush maps. I really got tired of the whole deathmatch and cheating on MW2, which brings up one thing in particular. I don't think some of the players understand the concept of team play or the objectives. Many players I've played with are concentrating on getting kills as the attackers, instead of blowing the objectives up. While it bothers me, it was great because of the class I chose, medic baby. I really like flying the helicopters as well.

Yeah totally agree, just wish as you said they would tighten up the weapons and make them more realistic, ive not really got into helicopters but have become quiet good with an M1 Tank and T90. Problem is all these tanks and helicopters dont tend to do much in conquest unless you land or remain stationary near the post and most do not they fly around zapping things.

cyatic
03-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah totally agree, just wish as you said they would tighten up the weapons and make them more realistic, ive not really got into helicopters but have become quiet good with an M1 Tank and T90. Problem is all these tanks and helicopters dont tend to do much in conquest unless you land or remain stationary near the post and most do not they fly around zapping things.

Haven't really tried conquest yet, I've been hooked on rush. The helicopters are deadly in the hands of a good pilot and a good team, especially the blackhawk. I've heard having an engineer in the helo is great because he can keep repairing the blackhawk while it's flying. Combine that with three gunners, it's very hard to shoot that thing down. I think the classes are well balanced, including the perks. In MW2 if you don't play much, then you're usually killed very easily. The people which are ranked higher are harder to kill by the lower ranking folks. In BC2 you can be level 1 and kill a higher ranking person. I've been in MW2 and just unloaded a full clip into players and not killed them. I guess what I like about BC2 is the fact that you can use perks, but a limited amount. I believe it's three, 2 for you personally, and one for a vehicle. I like this because you can change you strategy when you get fragged. Tanks keep getting blown up? Change your perk to long range zoom, or quicker reload, or better armor. The interface just seems more intuative too.

probiner
03-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Still waiting for a game that has:
-Farcry 2/FEAR 2/BBC2, dynamics
-MW2/Farcry 2/FEAR 2, visual and audio, detail and quality (BBC2 audio quality seem great too)
-Americas Army/Arma 2/OFP, game type, missions, teamplay and "seriouseness"
-Americas Army/FarCry2/BBC2 maps topology (Wide areas, urban situations, wild rough terrain) and veichles.

Cause all we saw until now, multiplayer wise, were:
Arcade shooters with realistic appearence (Visual and Audio realism) but with awfull mechanics.
or
Tatical shooters with great detailed mechanics (Operational realism) but that can fail in keeping a level of fun and usually don't go so well in graphics.

Hope that one day, they join this two in a smart way, or they allow the same game to be arcade or tatical, keeping the same visual,audio and mechanics realism.

Cheers

Hieron
03-16-2010, 10:41 AM
I guess you are hard to please :)

While MW2 was totally not my cup of tea, BFBC2 is perfect. Sure a sniping uzi is a bit annoying at times or some other gripe. But I have played quite some hours now and haven't had that happen to me often. There's 32 people in a game and there is the odd chance you get a stray/lucky/hacker? bullet to the head.

Regarding sniping (recon class actually), they have their use but most of them don't know what the heck they are doing and just like a positive kill ratio. So they sit back and snipe. Don't do any recon, or use motion sensors ever. Very usefull if you are attacking in a Rush map and half the team sits on the mountain. There is no wind etc so I don't see any reason to add a visual aid for it. For a sniper there is bullet drop, big deal. Just practice a bit and you'll be able to compensate just fine. if they took that out of sniping it would become too easy anyway.

Helicopters: yes you can load up a chopper with an engineer and 2 gunners and a pilot. That's a whole squad in the air manning 2 ridiculously crappy guns. That chopper is great for airlifiting or mobile spawnpoint, but often it is better to have a good squad on the ground.

The apache etc is strong esp gunner 2. But it can be taken out of the air in no time, if it gets captured it gets real ugly. Quite nice.

I don't play conquest too much, Rush is much more fun to me.

Ow and indeed, if you like points and helping out alot and getting a pretty kick *** machinegun, go medic. My friends just hulk of points usually.. (assault myself most often)

Bigfeats
03-18-2010, 09:05 PM
My bad.
Its
Big_Feats
for
BF2 BC

I have been gaming all my life and even played in the NBT mechwarrior 4 league for a few years and let me tell you. Its not the state of the art graphics nor sound that makes a game great. It helps, but it does not make the game.

realgray
03-18-2010, 09:32 PM
There should be a (WAVE) clan :thumbsup:

Hieron
03-18-2010, 10:38 PM
The friends system isn't always 100%.. perhaps resend the requests.

They should not allow people to switch team when they are more than 2 persons off balance btw.. gets a bit wack sometimes.

And do I hate it when someone goes in for melee and all I can do is panic and hit the wrong buttons... :)

Matt
03-19-2010, 02:03 AM
And do I hate it when someone goes in for melee and all I can do is panic and hit the wrong buttons... :)

LOL I have so been there!

The other is when you're on a map full of people, yet you get killed by the same guy about 5 times, very frustrating, but when you finally get him back it's all the more sweeter!

Samus
03-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey!! I'm -A51-Mirage See you on the battlefield.
Jus need to find your servers on wich you like to play on.

Cheers!!!

Matt
03-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Grrrrrr, just had a quick blast, WHY is it, that I spot people first, shoot them dead on in bursts at a close-ish range, they hop about a bit, then turn and shoot me dead with just a quick shot!!!!!!

Leaves me wondering where in the hell do you aim?????????

probiner
03-26-2010, 09:32 AM
short burst fellow shooter shorts burst =) ( and yes, you have to dance a little xD, sucks...)

Nangleator
03-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Good review? (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1546-Battlefield-Bad-Company-2) I usually trust this guy. It just takes lots of concentration to listen to his reviews.

Very NSFW.

Matt
04-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Okay, so where are you all? Starting to get into this game, quite fun with a good team.

Oh, and I have notionally given myself a clan tag. So feel free to add =LW= to your profile! Not sure if I'm supposed to do anything more than that, register it or something, not really into clan folklore!

Oh and Nangleator, I like his reviews too, but I think this game just isn't for him, it rocks!

JohnMarchant
04-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Okay, so where are you all? Starting to get into this game, quite fun with a good team.

Oh, and I have notionally given myself a clan tag. So feel free to add =LW= to your profile! Not sure if I'm supposed to do anything more than that, register it or something, not really into clan folklore!

Oh and Nangleator, I like his reviews too, but I think this game just isn't for him, it rocks!

OK Matt i will put that as my clan title. Im not always there as im not an avid gamer, dont know what else you do as im like you not really into clan folklore either.

Matt
04-06-2010, 09:16 AM
OK Matt i will put that as my clan title. Im not always there as im not an avid gamer, dont know what else you do as im like you not really into clan folklore either.

And get online yer Shandy drinker, get coat, outside now! :D

JML
04-06-2010, 09:32 AM
that game is great, playing it on pc here.

I wish somebody make a mod to have 64people, like the old battlefields..
but still a great game.
Played with my brother last weekend, but it would be cool to play
with LW users, or against other 3D software users ;)

I'm on the east coast, and playing around 11pm-midnight these days..
my name on there is jml7 if anybody want to add me.

JohnMarchant
04-06-2010, 09:37 AM
And get online yer Shandy drinker, get coat, outside now! :D

That from someone in Leamington Spa is quite offensive, im going to have to come around and happy slap you back into reality you cocktail drinking southern softie ;););).

Oh crap i forgot im a cocktail drinking southern softie as well

JohnMarchant
04-06-2010, 09:39 AM

I suppose Matt we are going to have to find out how this clan thing works and start a proper LW clan if there is enough of us. I would suggest that everyone who wants to join should leave their details here and add the clan tag you suggested (=LW=)

JohnMarchant
04-06-2010, 09:44 AM
He mentioned several times in some reviews that the whole point of ZeroPunctuation is to hate the game. There are flaws in every game and his job is to over-exaggerate those in a humoristic manner. That's all.
So if he doesn't completely rip a game apart, you can be sure you got a winner. If he even mentions something to be "good" - it's a must buy. ;)

BTW, played BBC2 ... ehm... well, yeah, probably BFBC2 the 2 last weekends and I managed to score 4-7 kills per round, so I am probably not quite you people's league... judging from the last 2 trials I had the honor of being shot by wavers. ;D

Fun game nontheless. :thumbsup:

Hey mate your no worse than me i can assure you, its the playing and taking part that counts, not the score.

JohnMarchant
04-06-2010, 10:07 AM
My details are Name - John Marchant

Clan Tag - =LW=

We can all add each other as friends.

Does anyone know if PS3, 360 and PC players play with each other or does it use separate servers for different platforms

Matt
04-06-2010, 01:33 PM
That from someone in Leamington Spa is quite offensive, im going to have to come around and happy slap you back into reality you cocktail drinking southern softie ;););).

Oh crap i forgot im a cocktail drinking southern softie as well

I'm from Leeds originally! :p

JohnMarchant
04-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm from Leeds originally! :p

Yeah and im from London originally, so we are both out of our drinking depth ;);););)

Matt
04-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I managed to score 4-7 kills per round, so I am probably not quite you people's league...

I'm lucky if I manage that, the servers have lots of people who are well classed up, my ranking is currently 9, I'm often bumping into people with 25+, which means their weopons are more accurate, deadlier and kill quicker, very frustrating.

Best advice is to choose a class you like and class that up, the Medic class seems to be very popular for this because you can earn more points quicker, plus the machine gun seems to be way over-powered, so at least you stand some kind of chance!

safetyman
04-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Just got this game after maxing out everything on MW2. What time do you "over the pond" folks usually play? I'm on the US East Coast, so hopefully the time difference isn't too extreme. My handle is SafetymanVile if you'd like to add me. I just started so don't bust a cap in my braincase if I accidentally shoot teammates in the back!

safetyman
04-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Thanks, Matt ! -- got your friend request. I've added you, so maybe we'll meet up sometime (working really long hours ATM, so not sure when I'll be on). Jeez -- you've been playing alot!

Matt
04-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Jeez -- you've been playing alot!

Trying to get my weapons to a level where I can at least compete with those online at 35+ level, otherwise I don't last two seconds!

:D

Matt
04-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Oh, I'm sure most of you are aware of this, but here's a little tip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9_dBTuy318

JML
04-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Oh, I'm sure most of you are aware of this, but here's a little tip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9_dBTuy318

That's messed up..
So I guess they should do something so players have equal graphic settings.
It makes a big difference if you are hiding behind a bush, and most other people don't see that bush and see only you..

They should do a mod to allow 64 people, and bigger maps too.. like the old battlefields..

OlaHaldor
07-13-2010, 09:43 AM
I was just about to make a thread about BFBC2, but figured I should search first. O' raah !

My gametag is TigerOla. Add me. I'm in the lead of a LAN party and we're gonna rent a RANKED server, hopefully from within the end of this week. It will be up for the next 12 months. I'm not sure if it will have so much activity all the time, so you're free to go nuts on each other whenever it's up. A little wave-war would be fun. :) I'll come with more info when the server is up and running.

Matt
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I was just about to make a thread about BFBC2, but figured I should search first. O' raah !

My gametag is TigerOla. Add me. I'm in the lead of a LAN party and we're gonna rent a RANKED server, hopefully from within the end of this week. It will be up for the next 12 months. I'm not sure if it will have so much activity all the time, so you're free to go nuts on each other whenever it's up. A little wave-war would be fun. :) I'll come with more info when the server is up and running.

Count me in! :)

TheDeadlyAvenger

JohnMarchant
07-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Im really liking ARMA II and Op Arrowhead. More sophisticated and a little bit buggy sometimes but the scope is huge

Matt
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Had a quick game with TigerOla tonight, but had to leave to cook, it was my turn tonight :(

BigHache
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
You guys still on BC2?

Big Hache

SaleVonGeist
07-13-2010, 07:22 PM
BC2...any time! :D
If there will be some free slots on server I would love to join (can bring few other "junkies" from our studio too hehehe)!

My game tag is SaleVonGeist. Hope to see some of you guys out there. :D

walfridson
07-14-2010, 02:50 AM
name = walfridson :)

Matt
07-14-2010, 07:32 AM
I play often, probably too often! I still suck though!