PDA

View Full Version : layers problem? more than 23 layers

medicalart
03-13-2010, 08:37 PM
My Modeler object has 26 layers. When I open the object in Layout only the first 23 seem to load. I've tried to synchronize the programs. Relaunch, etc. Nothing worked. I ended up consolidating layers. Now that I have only 22 layers, everything displays correctly in Layout.
I can't remember if this problem has been reported before. Anyone know?

meshpig
03-13-2010, 09:07 PM
How big is the file?

MUCUS
03-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Have you check the layer visibility in modeler in layer panels? (F7, you should have a little point under the eye icon for every layer)

BlueApple
03-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Have you check the layer visibility in modeler in layer panels? (F7, you should have a little point under the eye icon for every layer)

This is likely the culprit. I've successfully sent objects with well over 23 layers to Layout from Modeler without incident.

If you load the object from Layout (Layout->File->LoadObject) do all of the layers appear correctly?

medicalart
03-14-2010, 09:13 AM
The object file size is small--only about 400K. I have a number of particle emitters, but everything is fine without those last 3 layers.
Visibility is not the problem. The objects don't even show up in the scene editor. I've synchronized modeler and layout, relaunched, but the objects never made it to the list.

I only posted because I thought this problem appeared in earlier versions of LW. I'm using 64-bit Vista, LW 9.6. Anyway, thanks for your ideas.

Danner
03-14-2010, 09:24 AM
if you add layers to your object in modeler while layout is not open or sincronized, they are not added to the scene. you can either import the missing layers in layout or if you haven't moved/cloned etc. in layout, just remove the object in layout and reinport it all.

UnCommonGrafx
03-14-2010, 09:27 AM
If you load the object in into a clean scene, do all the layers show up?
If so, the behavior of new layer geometry showing up in the scene you are working on doesn't work any more; you have to reload the whole object to get any newly added geometry on not-in-the-scene layers.

medicalart
03-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks to all.