PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer - Rename Actor ?

nostromo_va
09-08-2003, 04:58 PM
I have looked through the Motion Mixer addendum and clicked on everything I can in Motion Mixer, and I can't find a way to rename an actor.

I am about to clone a wolf, so I can have a pack of them, and I want to be able to vary the run cycle for each from what I have set up with the first one.

I have not tried copying in another wolf yet, I wanted to see if I could do this with MM first.

I may be off base, and there is probably a different/better way of doing this. Any hints/tricks about this (using multiple copies of a fully rigged char) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dodgy
09-09-2003, 02:51 AM
You can always save the scene and edit the lws in a text editor, and just change the bit you want to.

I couldn't find a rename actor part either... :P

nostromo_va
09-09-2003, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I tried the edit as a text file deal, no luck.

This seems like a basic functionality - either I am missing something or will have to make a feature request.

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

nostromo_va
09-09-2003, 04:46 AM
I posted this on CGTALK and got this response - I will try it and post results here:
-------------------------------------

Yeah, that's a pain You cannot rename Actor. But I was editing just the first line in MM actor name entry with success. It worked. Try to edit just that one line in scene file where actor's name is defined.
Loading multiple actors of the same name to scene will make MM to rename them automatically with numbers like 001,002. Besides the fact it's pretty hard to get to know which actor is what character it works ok.

http://acs.polas.net

bradenbickle
02-02-2004, 02:36 PM
I just did the text edit thing with renaming the actor's name and it worked great.

I may try to do it to the expressions as well, because I never could get them to change over.